Sign in to follow this  
Skeff

Runescape

Everytime I hear the name RuneScape I feel a sense of nostalgia dread in the innermost reaches of my soul...

That was not only the first MMO I ever played, but the first ever online gaming experience I had.

I started playing it in December of 2006 after hearing some kids at school talking about it.

I absolutely loved it; the massive world was a whole new experience to me, the amount of things to do was mindblowing for someone who had only played single-player PS2 games before.

I got membership in December 2008, first thing I did with Membership was get a house and play Pest Control. I stopped playing in the later half of 2011, and never really returned.

I'll never forget when I was playing one of the SOURCE games and heard someone talking about RuneScape and the new "Combat Update" that apparently lost it a third of its playerbase. I went on to see what they were talking about, and after seeing how much they were trying to clone WoW, I felt a part of me die inside. Oh how I wish things never changed with that game...

DUDE WTF! I was going for a straight grind in the dungeons of eternal darkness, hoping to farm some epic loot of those great horned ones when I realised I forgot to research fucking LOOM! I got fucking one hit by those bitches and I forgot all my healing scrolls of great rejuvenation. WHAT A SAD DAY :cry1:

DUDE WTF! I was going for a straight grind in the dungeons of eternal darkness, hoping to farm some epic loot of those great horned ones when I realised I forgot to research fucking LOOM! I got fucking one hit by those bitches and I forgot all my healing scrolls of great rejuvenation. WHAT A SAD DAY :cry1:

Top Kek

Lmao'd, Runescape isn't actually as nerdy as most of those big MMO's, its probably the most simple of them all. Get higher level, get better armour, click things to attack it.

Alex is actually right lol, it's by far the most chilled out of them all, it just has this stigma attached to it for being that game the uncool, nerdy kids at school talked about during their lunch break. (Me)