Sign in to follow this  
Gaz

Just Checking In

Hello everyone,

I'm just popping by to see how everyone is? Looking good around here. How have the past 3 years been?

For those that don't know, I used to own OB for a while. Pushed heavily to turn multigaming, and move away from CS:S and expand a little.

If you dont know me feel free to fire questions at me. If you do know me, tell me how you are and what you have been up to. It would be nice to say hello again.

Noticed you on Stream, I do wonder. What made you decide to give away ownership? Have you seen our current situation? What do you think you could do to improve it?

Edited by Vemix

7 minutes ago, Vemix said:

Noticed you on Stream, I do wonder. What made you decide to give away ownership? Have you seen our current situation? What do you think you could do to improve it?

I haven't looked deep into what is going on here, but it looks good. I took over from McLovin, who was in the first generation of owners. I think I left it to Sir Conor when I left.

I had some life changes, relationship changes, and knew I didn't have the time. It was a lot of stress running the community, trying to source money for servers and such. I was lucky as the members were good on that front. But I knew I needed to drop the community. I basically took a step back from gaming completely. 

I love that this place has stuck to its roots with prison break. I first came to the server after a really rough break up. Counter Strike Source was one of the few games you could play whilst appearing offline. I found the JB server, and got banned. Came back a while later and got into it. The same faces appear to be around, and everyone was chill.

As for making this place better? Just enjoy yourselves, be wholesome, respect those people who are in staff positions. They work their fucking nuts off in their free time for you to enjoy yourselves. If you do that already, then carry on.

Hey Gaz you probably don't know me to well but when I first join in 2015 summer I bought donator & I asked you for the credits on teamspeak & you poked me 'fuck off' then I said why you said 'fuck off' ( senior mod at the time) peak times don't blame you.

jokes aside hope you are well Gaz & thanks for pointing OB in the right direction.

7 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Hey Gaz you probably don't know me to well but when I first join in 2015 summer I bought donator & I asked you for the credits on teamspeak & you poked me 'fuck off' then I said why you said 'fuck off' ( senior mod at the time) peak times don't blame you.

jokes aside hope you are well Gaz & thanks for pointing OB in the right direction.

I remember you pestering a lot. Unless that was another Brandon. I was probably balls deep in something at a time, maybe I already said we would sort it shortly. Or perhaps I had already stepped down from my position. 2015 sounds like I had already stepped down.

How are you enjoying OB?

What's up Gaz, good to see you again.

Same old faces still around with a lot of new ones too. JB is pretty much gone now btw, just mainly chilling on teamspeak playing many different games with different people. You should come back to TS :)

What are you doing back you grumpy old shit.

JK welcome back. Come and see us on the TS. :) OB has been through ups and downs since you left. The level of memeing has probably intensified too.

edit: also Gaz, was Biggles the owner after you? Then I think it went to Sir_Conor, Gaffer and me, which was a golden age for all*.

*golden age for the top three, the age of strife for most of the members

Edited by VENGA BUS

Hey Gaz. I hope you're well.

We're in a similar situation as when you become owner in 2013. JB is proving difficult to populate and we're mostly on TS, many of us holding out hope for discord & perhaps a game server although we're not quite sure what type of server to get.