LoL Outbreak Championship 2016

Results from Today:

- Round 1
Group A: Dicks out for Holombe (Gunstar) 2 - 0 Better Nerf Weebs (Blyss)*

Spoiler

1d3d762c7ea94836b1db8ff0dbf3de4f.png

Spoiler

717a2901b306466e856831096f8ab858.png

Group B: Rachel's Boosting Service (Flash) 0 - 2 The Whores (Extinct)

Spoiler

480b51bed5ab4810a2f3583cce71a228.png

Spoiler

c362472cda2d49a1aec1ffe324d80c7f.png

- Round 2
Group A: Better Nerf Weebs (Blyss) 2 - 0 Safety Soldiers (Eagle)

Spoiler

6a39c0a08b5343a5aa943410603938ed.png

Spoiler

d26fabe8f5fe42f7ab4620ba6ce0c974.png

Group B: Rachel's Boosting Service (Flash) 0 - 2 Drunken Buffoons (Substick)*

Spoiler

dfbaa03c0cd647e087cc9cd35eaf311b.png

(2nd game wasn't played as they forfeited and were out of the tournament already)

- Round 3 
Group A: Dicks out for Holombe (Gunstar) 20 Safety Soldiers (Eagle)

Spoiler

6ed7d507c0e74c6ab06ec7ef9c757fef.png

(2nd game wasn't played as it was quite late already and wouldn't have changed group positions anyway.)
Group B: The Whores (Extinct) 2 - 0 Drunken Buffoons (Substick)*

Spoiler

aab57eb4f97349bfb711d1732f73a3bb.png

Spoiler

fccf922b76c54943a02d2d3ab6d90b76.png

*Streamed matches available for rewatch.

Thanks to everyone for being punctual and patient with the matches and delays. Also nice to see the OB Twitch get like 50 viewers!

Massive thanks to Casters and especially Brad for all the work he has done with overlays working all day and streaming for 6 hour straight with no breaks!

Congrats to all the teams who have made it through to the Semis! 

Stats from Battlefy page:

9f083d16bc6b4b0386a48c7e63d19209.png
c7313674b4be4b7186325d2431c9fe7c.png
509aa64846dd483089060d840acf43a1.png

Schedule for Today (Sunday 5PM BST - Best Of 3s) :

Dicks out for Holombe (Gunstar-1st Seed) vs Drunken Buffoons (Substick-2nd Seed) 
The Whores (Extinct-1st Seed) vs Better Nerf Weebs (Blyss-2nd Seed) 

Good Luck and See you tomorrow!

Edited by Gunstar

GGs, hard games on the so called group of death :banter:

Glad we managed to get to the semis and now we just have to work on our issues so we can pull another victory and hopefully win this tourney :D

As Gunstar said, thanks to all who showed up and put the time in to be at your matches today. Although it was made clear that you'd be giving up most of your evening for it, which even that itself was too much for some :devil:, it dragged out even longer due to a few technical delays and how close a lot of the games were (40-50 minute games for most games, like wtf).

Thanks Brad and all those who casted for making a good stream with some interesting games to watch, looking forward to watching tonight's series. Also thanks to all the non-LoL players/viewers who helped spice up twitch chat, was a good laugh and hope to see you guys spicing it up again for the final.

To my team, the Safety Soldiers, we will live on in our hearts. Ignoring the last game vs Dicks Out For Holombe (that was just a tilt fest and us not even putting up half a fight compared to how we played in previous games), we played well and should have come out with a lot more in our games vs Better Nerf Weebs - both games we had a lead/advantage, both games we didn't use the advantage and allowed them to take the game after 50 minutes. I always expected our team to get knocked out of our tough group though and so I'm glad we even put up a fight the way we did in those 2 games. Also gratz Chris Lord on probably the first time I've not seen you troll on league, lol.

I'm always critical of myself when I've ran tournaments and tbh, by inter community tourney standards, I think this has been ran very well and hasn't seen that many issues. Sure some people aren't happy with teams but that was the captain's picks and there were a few technical delays which sucked balls but they were out of our control, which is just unlucky. My only criticism would be that it would be a lot more clear and smooth if myself/hosts weren't playing so we could constantly oversee - but after the amount of tourneys I ran for externals I wasn't going to miss out on this among friends, and despite it being packed it was enjoyable to run and compete in thus far (despite feeling like I'm on the edge of death with the whooping cough or some shit).

Good luck to all teams remaining in the tournament, semi-finals will commence in 2 hours from now!

The teams are fair. I can agree that, in paper,some teams are stronger than others but those teams are now playing with replacements and even if that wasn't the case they're still playing with people that they usually don't play with (like unseens friends) while other ''weaker'' teams are playing with people that play together all the time in gathers which does make a huge difference. Also it's something that will always happens in events, it's impossible to get 100% fair teams.

In general the hosting has been fine, the only thing I don't really agree with is having to play the whole group stage in one day and then the semis plus the finals in the next day. League is an insanely exhaustive game and if yesterday playing 4 games in a row almost made me go insane I can't imagine having to play 6 games today if it gets to that point. I guess it was done so people would actually commit to it without having too much ppl failing to show up which would lead to a thousand reschedules like in the past events but I still don't agree with it.

I feel you Unseen, we also had a good chance of winning against Gaystars&DDoserKirais' team but we just threw it away due to stupid mistakes that we've made every single game, I was surprised we managed to win against ur team considering the amount of tilt and flame that was going on before and during our game but we pulled it off and I'm proud of my plebs.

Anyway good job hosts, good job casters and good job to every player that showed up for their team. Can't wait for the semis (and hopefully the finals) today :D

Edited by Blyss

2 minutes ago, Blyss said:

The teams are fair, I can agree that, in paper,some teams are stronger than others but those teams are now playing with replacements and even if that wasn't the case they're still playing with people that they usually don't play with (like unseens friends) while other ''weaker'' teams are playing with people that play together all the time in gathers which does make a huge difference. Also it's something that will always happens in events, it's impossible to get 100% fair teams.

In general the hosting has been fine, the only thing I don't really agree with is having to play the whole group stage in one day and then the semis plus the finals in the next day. League is an insanely exhaustive game and if yesterday playing 4 games in a row almost made me go insane I can't imagine having to play 6 games today if it gets to that point. I guess it was done so people would actually commit to it without having too much ppl failing to show up which would lead to a thousand reschedules like in the past events but I still don't agree with it.

I feel you Unseen, we also had a good chance of winning against Gaystars&DDoserKirais' team but we just threw it away due to stupid mistakes that we've made every single game, I was surprised we managed to win against ur team considering the amount of tilt and flame that was going on before and during our game but we pulled it off and I'm proud of my plebs.

Anyway good job hosts, good job casters and good job to every player that showed up for their team. Can't wait for the semis (and hopefully the finals) today :D

I agree with you two with the fact the matches were too packed and exhausting for one day of league. However, it does have it's advantages with dealing with replacements and reschedules which is much easier for us as Event hosts to handle + less commitment. We never wanted this tournament to be a long term thing like ESL because we don't have the time or energy for that. So although we had so many games yday I think it was worth it in the end. 

With the team picks, as u said no tournament will ever have 100% fair teams, some teams HAVE to lose and some HAVE to win, it's just the way of life. I kinda got luck with my picks tbh, I think I over-performed too in the games, no one expected me to have that much presence in the games on top of that, Blyss u left Irish open for me :P 

About "we also had a good chance of winning against Gaystars&DDoserKirais' team but we just threw it away due to stupid mistakes" though, yes you guys made stupid mistakes however I think it's unfair to entirely say you guys lost BOTH of the games due to ur own mistakes and not because we played really good. We had a few team practices before the tourny and actually COMMUNICATED and worked as a TEAM better than you guys, you guys seemed all over the place, e.g. with baron calls stopping at 3k dmg (although one was good) and rotating during 2nd game near baron pit where your team was about to fuck us up but got caught out a few at a time even during teamfights where we were like 4v5 - if you fix those issues you guys definitely have a chance to beat us.

It's not necessarily who you ban or pick(at least against our team) or what your kills/deaths are, it's about what you do in-game to make an impact and win the game. 

45 minutes ago, rhyse1317 said:

He played jayce support first game...

It worked for him and was far from the reason we lost, going into the tournament his two supports were Jayce & Braum pretty much (Braum which I bought him before our first match lmfao). Sure he's dopey and not the greatest player, but he put aside differences with other players and just played his game. I don't care if people suck and if people lose as long they are trying to play the game properly, which he did so props to him for it.

@Blyss In response to the 'lots of games packed into short space of time'. When we originally set it as one weekend we intended to have less games, however we realised if we were going to knock out people at this stage we wanted people to actually have several opportunities to play. Although I'd agree 4 games for each team is still pretty long, I would say from experience that it usually wouldn't be so tiring but OB just has a nature for having some sort of 'lever nucky' technical issue which drags things out. I also think the finals should be more tiring as it tests teams/players on a different level for LoL and for some of you gives you that tournament nature that you might have not experienced before in LoL - the few times I've been in a series BO3/5 it's been tiring asf but exhilarating as well. Overall I don't think the LoL tournament would have worked out side of a one weekend deal, but it was always going to be open to criticism whether it was either too packed or lacking enough games for those who get knocked out early to have a chance to properly get into it.

Also Danny proving that KDA is preserved by being a pussy? (1 death as what should be the front line in his team, hm) :devil:

Can't be the front line of the mid - Late game team fights when there is no mid game.

Awks.

Also Blyss' team were always losing that game one. We had a far better team comp. Having a lead at one point doesn't mean you were in a winning position.

Edited by DannyS