UnSeen

LoL Outbreak Championship 2016

The tournament probably has a min level because of the game mode tournament draft. 6 champs will get banned away and as low lvl u dont have many champs. It's also because of the power diffrence because low lvl players have no runes, lvl 30's do have them. Having runes makes a huge power diffrence.

trust me bro, there's a fucking power level difference between a MG1 and a LE. 

Anyway, it's not important for this but if there was another CS tourney in the future I would really like to see a minimum rank sign up like you guys are doing here. 

Good luck with your gay game :spooky:

Although I get your point Flux and see that you are agreeing with what we are doing, I want to put it out there that it isn't the same boat.

Level 20 isn't a rank, we're not making a skill based requirement - realistically we are doing even less than what CS:GO tourney did because everyone in the CS:GO tournament had a rank (meaning they had achieved at least private rank 3 in exp based levels and had done placement games in ranked). Our system actually allows for some people who haven't even achieved the 'private rank 3' equivalence or even done ranked placements to compete essentially. It works out to an extent though because this community's standard of play in LoL is far lower than the community's standard of play in CS - this being shown from the fact that Danny (level 14) is better than 90% of the shitters (xoxo) who are actually ranked.

Another contrast is the definition of 'power level' - your defining it by ability, Raw was defining it by stat. Your level up to 30 (which is xp based and to encourage practice before being allowed to rank) restricts what runes/masteries you can have. Runes/masteries provide your base stats at the start/during a game, meaning someone who is level 30 could start with significantly more damage than someone who is level 1 - meaning if 2 people were equally skilled then the higher level would win purely on stats alone which is fucking aids. Ideally we would restrict it to level 30 in that case, but level 20 is kind of a benchmark which at least allows players to play in every role (you need runes/masteries to effectively jungle) and so we left it more open considering OB's standard of LoL play.

I do agree that for these tournaments in the future, an actual rank benchmark might improve the standard and make it a more effective competition - you won't get teams with 4 players + 1 botplayer, at the same time it's kind of hard to define that - especially if you take my team in the CS:GO tourney as an example where 'BOT Conor' was more useful than myself, Liutvi and Eraser combined. It also wouldn't work very well with LoL for OB as the majority of players are sub nova 1 equivalent standard to put it into perspective.

tl;dr - I like your point Hugio but we're not actually doing that for this tourney as everyone is trash at LoL, ty for the gl tho :D

Signups will be closed 12 hours from this post at midnight!

Thanks to everyone who signed up, me and unseen were both very pleased to see so many of you sign up in such a short amount of time. If you haven't signed up yet and want to, please do so before the deadline. If you want to sign up as a reserve, please let me or unseen know after you sign up. We are also looking for streamers/casters who aren't playing in the tournament to stream some games, let us know if you are interested.

Other than that, good luck to all of you! We will be picking captains and drafting teams very soon to let teams who want to practice or improve team chemistry get some time. 

Get hyped!

The main sign up period has been closed and captains have been picked! If you are still wanting to play though you can still sign up through the website as we will be seeking possible reserves (who could end up playing, y'never know with OB) and we are still open to people willing to stream/cast.

Today at 6PM BST the captains will be picking teams in a similar format to that of the CS:GO tournament. We can also now reveal that there will be 6 teams - this means the format will be a group stage with two groups of 3 with the top 2 from each group going into BO1 semi-finals. The winners of each semi-final will then proceed to the BO3 final to finish out the tournament. The schedule with actual times will be posted tonight along with the teams.

Captains, if you have any issues with the time or anything else please contact us. Otherwise questions will be answered in this thread.

@Extinct ツ @Eagle @Simi #juandeag @Gunstar @FlaSh @Blyss