Sign in to follow this  
gaffeR

Battlefield 1

For the who don't know Battlefield 1 is in open beta until 8th September.

Go to www.origin.com, download the client and make and account and the game is on the store tab to download.

My thoughts on the game are pretty amazing, the game it's self is beautiful and I've always loved the fact that most of the buildings/props are destroyable. 

This is personally my type of Game and I will be purchasing, had loads of fun yesterday even tho we are limited to classes and 1 map, bring on October!

If you're getting around 130 FPS on CS:GO, don't even bother with this lol.

My PC is running it at 30FPS max everything lowest on a small player server Rush gamemode.

Went on Conquest and it crashed several times.

played it for a bit, is not bad for a BF game actually its something different from the usual modern stuff wich is nice. personally would've preferred WW2 but hey why not.

2 minutes ago, Twiixtor said:

If you're getting around 130 FPS on CS:GO, don't even bother with this lol.

My PC is running it at 30FPS max everything lowest on a small player server Rush gamemode.

Went on Conquest and it crashed several times.

in fairness optimisation isnt great for it atm, im getting 35-40 fps on ultra with sli on, altough im guessing the SLI profiles arnt dont properly yet. It is a beta after all

Personally I thought it's really well optimised? I dunno I know I got a pretty good rig but even so, didn't drop under 100+ frames the whole time I was playing. 

Game looks incredible, sounds amazing, for sure can't deny. But I have been stung by that before with battlefront, time will tell if it actually has any depth. 

I'm enjoying playing the beta but battlefield really doesn't really do it for me. I find I always have the same problem in any BF game which is I run around for like 10+ minutes looking for someone before I'm randomly killed by a fucking sniper like 400M away or I run into a tank that I can't do any damage too and get raped. 

Im sure the BF fans will like it but it's not for me. 

The game looks incredibly good, with stunning effects. Also very well optimized. I am able to run it maxed out on 1080p with 90fps on a gtx1060.

Gameplay is very refreshing, because it is not in modern style, however i need to figure everything out again. 

As fluxy said, it is still BF so hard to find ppl on larger maps and being able to get sniped easily. But this problem is not as big as it was in BF4, which is also a great game in my opinion.

If you like to test it out, just do it!

Tried it and I'm with Fluxy on this one, it's just not my type of game. The graphics are amazing, the gameplay is also pretty good but I'm not a fan of huge maps where ppl kill you from the other side of the map and you don't even notice. 

Haven't played it, definately going to download it tonight and grind it on Sunday see if I like it. Have watched a "funny moments" video and seemed very good, looks like my favourite cod almost revamped (WaW). I hope I like this game cos I would like to have a new game to play other than csgo and GMOD.

Edited by Philip

As I said in another thread, after year or half a year you will be regretting your purchase when the playerbase drops and the servers will be closed ;)

When another battlefield game comes online is when bf1 gets pulled out off the market officially. 

But what do i know, other than that's the practice of EA. They can make good games, but the business model destroys it.

2 hours ago, Lurker said:

As I said in another thread, after year or half a year you will be regretting your purchase when the playerbase drops and the servers will be closed ;)

When another battlefield game comes online is when bf1 gets pulled out off the market officially. 

But what do i know, other than that's the practice of EA. They can make good games, but the business model destroys it.

I don't think you really have a clue what you're talking about. BF4 is very much still alive despite the release of Hardline.

Currently 100k people on BF4 (2013 release) across the various platforms - http://bf4stats.com/

As for my thoughts on this game - It's fucking amazing. I love the whole scale of everything and trekking across the desert to E in a 5 man armoured car, shooting up everything in sight, then roaming off to another objective is a great feeling.

If there's a number of people in OB buying this, I think I will too. I'd get bored playing myself but I'd like to play this with people kinda like Overwatch is played (Semi-regular mixes happening)