Sign in to follow this  
Fluxy

Mix and Gather Room etiquette.

Hello everyone. 

I think it would be better if we encouraged an attitude where by you need to have confirmation from someone in that channel that you can join. Why? 

In gathers when your looking for maybe just one more, you may be messaging people on steam and such, someone might be like ok im comming give me 5 mins, but then someone randomly joins and you have to explain you are indeed full since someone else is just coming, this can sometimes cause dispute. Then they might leave and someone else joins meaning you have to repeat the process, mean while the person you originally asked is sitting in the lobby trying to join a full gather room and spam poking you with "wtf d00d" "where my space bitch". So, in future, I would ask people to just at least poke someone in the channel asking if there is space. Obviously this dosent apply if there is like, 4 spaces, I merely referring to the times when there is one.    

Secondly, mix rooms, I really think you should ask someone before joining their mix room if you can play. It is the case that sometimes people join who arent quite at the skill that that game is being played at and its awkward trying to find a way to say no instead of "your not good enough sorry". Also while we all try to keep it PMA as much as possible here, some people really don't like playing with others, which is fine, not everyone will get along, but....well what I'm really saying is, if people want you to play they will ask you. 

1 hour ago, Fluxy said:

Hello everyone. 

I think it would be better if we encouraged an attitude where by you need to have confirmation from someone in that channel that you can join. Why? 

In gathers when your looking for maybe just one more, you may be messaging people on steam and such, someone might be like ok im comming give me 5 mins, but then someone randomly joins and you have to explain you are indeed full since someone else is just coming, this can sometimes cause dispute. Then they might leave and someone else joins meaning you have to repeat the process, mean while the person you originally asked is sitting in the lobby trying to join a full gather room and spam poking you with "wtf d00d" "where my space bitch". So, in future, I would ask people to just at least poke someone in the channel asking if there is space. Obviously this dosent apply if there is like, 4 spaces, I merely referring to the times when there is one.    

Secondly, mix rooms, I really think you should ask someone before joining their mix room if you can play. It is the case that sometimes people join who arent quite at the skill that that game is being played at and its awkward trying to find a way to say no instead of "your not good enough sorry". Also while we all try to keep it PMA as much as possible here, some people really don't like playing with others, which is fine, not everyone will get along, but....well what I'm really saying is, if people want you to play they will ask you. 

tldr; Don't join mix rooms regardless of how many people are in them.  If you arent invited to a 5 man mix chances are, you aren't a high enough level to be asked to play in the first place.  Message someone in the room before you join/ check on steam to see if they are already in a game

On 5/4/2016 at 04:16, Eraser said:

If you arent invited to a 5 man mix chances are, you aren't a high enough level to be asked to play in the first place. 

Basically this, if someone wants to play with you, they'll ask you