Sign in to follow this  
Gunstar

New Server - Ark: Survival Evolved!

Hello all,

We are pleased to tell you that we now have our very own ARK: Survivor Evolved server!

latest?cb=20150511235723

It is currently a 20 slots, PvE server and we already have OB players playing on it at the moment. It is currently open to the people of OB community only and not public, so If you own ARK or plan to buy it [see below for offers], you are more than welcome to join us!

About This Game:

Ark Survival Evolved is an intense survival game that will have you watching your back at all times. As a man or woman stranded naked, freezing and starving on the shores of a mysterious island called ARK, you must hunt, harvest resources, craft items, grow crops, research technologies, and build shelters to withstand the elements. Use your cunning and resources to kill or tame & breed the leviathan dinosaurs and other primeval creatures roaming the land, and team up with or prey on huqqndreds of other players to survive, dominate... and escape!

Someone's review of the game:

-Spawned in the game for my very first time

-Cried a bit since the game runs pretty bad (Though I know it will get better, but it is still playable)

-Started learning controls and running around

-Saw a big rock and thought "Nice, maybe I can use this as a weapon!"

-Upon closer inspection, it was Dinosaur Poop

-Thought I could maybe throw poop at other people or Dinosaurs

-Couldn't figure out how to equip poop

-Clicked on poop in inventory, clicked "Use Item"

-By clicking on "Use Item", I thought it would allow me to put it in my hand, to wield the poop

-Apparently that made me eat the poop

-Died from poop

Note to self: Do not click "Use Item" on Poop or other dangerous items.

UPDATE: A fellow "Gamer" messaged me and complained this wasn't a review and "Reported" me because of it.

So specifically to that person, and to anyone else who has no sense of humor, here is a review.

REVIEW: The game is fun. It has Dinosaurs. It has Poop. You have big poops and small poops. I can poop and my dinosaur can poop next to me. Or i can ride him and make him poop.

Game doesn't run the best of course. Highest amount of frames I get is 30 with a mix of settings, but mainly everything on Medium, with some Ultra.

Will you like this game?

Yes, if you like dinosaurs, base building and pooping.

Stop talking about poop, will i like this game?

Yes, if you like dinosaurs.

Stop talking about dinosaurs, will I like this game?

Yes, you can poop.

How to get the game:

- Humble Bundle Monthly - ~£9 when you get the monthly subscription, which you can cancel.

- Steam - Currently £23 on Steam

Playing on the server:

- Relaxed and fun environment. You will find the local tribes welcoming you and helping you out even when you don't need help!

- All the players are friendly and are always willing to save you in case you need a ride or in danger.

- There are tonnes of dinosaurs to tame! Name them, paint them, ride them!

- No griefing is allowed e.g stealing other people's stuff, as it's a PvE server, that is a low move and you will be punished!

- Make sure to keep your chests pin-code locked and doors normally locked!

- Don't worry about being new, you will pick up the game really fast, it's quite logical and everything will slowly fall in place.

To join the server, go to "Join", set the filter to "UnOfficial" and then type "Outbreak" in the search bar to find our server!

Password: Ask a mod+ for the server password

We hope to see some fresh OB meat joining the current ARKaholics on the island of ARK and let's hope you don't get T-REKT!

All the best,

The OB Staff

Gunstar i know this is a little off topic but i've been really 50/50 to get A.R.K but some people tells me its good if u have the time to play it like a few hours a day (which i don't) so what do you think? and something i've been wondering is like is it possible that somehow you can raid other clans and stuff like that? :)

Absolute, It's a game where you can have fun even if you are not playing 24/7 like some of the current players. I only have time to play it like 1 hour a day when i come back from Uni and I still have lots of fun. You will need to spend a couple of hours getting resources so you can survive and then from that point on you can play at your own pace.

I have some good odds on this lasting less time than the "Minecraft Server"...Place your bets now guys. :mrgreen:

Apart from this not being an attempt at a long lasting public server, but a private server which doesn't cost extra to run (as it's on the dedi) which is up for the enjoyment of players of the community while quite a lot of people are playing ARK.

I don't have ARK so I have very little to do with it, but I know that a CS:GO server would be a public server so this isn't a replacement. Also to what Gunstar said about 'not working on it atm', that isn't entirely true - it's just being put off until we fix the store plugin on JB as we plan to share it over to other CS:GO servers we get in the future.

Back to ARK though, it does look and sound like an enjoyable game but it costs about £9 more than my price range and I have BDO inc to get hyped about :^) Enjoy the dinosaurs though.