Sign in to follow this  
Skillershark

Paintballing

So Christmas holidays are coming up, and my friends got a birthday party the two days after we break up. On the Thursday, we go and see star wars, and Friday, we go paintballing, which will hopefully be fun. I was thinking for a while, and it came to mind just how great of a sport paintball is. It allows for fun in multiple ways. Firstly the sense of knowing that the paintball gun has the ability to hurt other human beings, without being life threatening in any way shape or form. It may sound like I'm a psychopath, but let's be honest, if you've ever shot at someone with a paintball gun, then seen/heard them stand up and shout "Shit!", you know how satisfying it is. This is even more satisfying against people you know. A few days later, you can joke around with things like "hey, how's your arse doing?" after you shot them multiple times in said area. It is also just so much fun because of the adrenaline you get from playing and, more importantly, winning. Things like, for example, winning a game of competitive, is great fun. But when you do it in real life, and you know that what you just won was real, not just some game, it is all the more pleasing. Finally, paintballing can lead to some incredibly hilarious experiences. Like in counter strike, when you get some crazy kills or whatnot, but in real life, making it all the funnier. For example, I once flanked around behind the enemy team with one friend, and we thought we were so smart, getting behind them and all. Then I got scared because I saw my friend, so I shot him. Turns out, flanking the enemy team doesn't work when you kill your teammate and make them aware of your position.

So to end all this, what are all your best experiences whilst paintballing? What do you find the most fun in paintball? Thanks for reading.

You should split your text into smaller paragraphs, makes it easier to read.

I went paintballing with my friends last year and all of them pussied out when advancing forward... 18 year olds. For one of the rounds, we had to capture the flag and none of us had the balls to go capture it where there were like 20 people in a fort defending it, I was like fuck it theres 1 min left, I will make a run for it, so I dropped my paintball gun and ran past all the obstacles tripping and slipping on mud. Made it to the final bit and hid behind a wall, my heart was beating really fast, I then ran for the flag which was about 3 metres away and... got sprayed the fuck down by everyone to the point where the marshal had to interefere and make them stop while I was shouting "FUCK, STOP, STOP" LOL.

It wasn't too bad though until half-way we changed the team we were facing, there were about 8 of us in total and we were matched with a team of 8 guys who looked like they were in their mid twenties [they were seriously good though, the even had their own paintball guns and boxes of grenades and flashbangs and paintballs].

We got pretty owned as you can imagine :P

Went paintballing as 5 and we thought it would be fun but the other team was hardened veterans and they had all their custom gear and shit. The mean bastards put their paintballs in the freezer the night before so when they hit you they hurt like a bitch. They knew all the game modes and the best places to be to screw us over. The games were all played in a forest and one of them flanked us during a game of king of the hill and hid in the bushes, when we passed he shot me in the ass and i just fell to the ground in pain bahaha. Had purple booty for days

When I paintball we take it serious and go hardcore and at the end of the day we play 3 games of "Chicken"

Chicken is played by one person wit a gun and others are runners and have to try get to the other side without getting hit. It is really fun and the best map to play is Speedball maps. I remember one time we had the whole community join in so we had 5 vs like 30 people.

Should be a good few days for you then!

Been paint-balling twice, both times with mates - the first is the one I'll remember most.

Went with one of my best mates, his brother, his friend and their two dads.

At first I was really scared to get shot, in the first 'mission' i don't think I actually did, everyone was really passive.

Second mission was the BUS mission - funniest and scariest shit of my life! Our team had to make camp in this like mini bus sized thing while the other team attacked it, it went on and on until everyone in the bus had been shot - outsiders got re-spawned if they got shot. Eventually I took a bullet - so did ed's dad, and we attempted to walk out of the bus with hands in the air - got shot about 5 times rofl, fucking nazis

Then we were in the forest and I accidently shot eds dad in the back

Really fun day, it does hurt, not too bad though - the only place you don't wanna get hit is your balls which thankfully didn't happen

I don't find it particularly hard to read the post so I think its alright :), I don't think there is a reason to edit.

I've been paintballing three times thus far and every time i have really enjoyed it, and surprising haven't come away with many paintful (unintentional pun) bruises, though I have had a few entertaining and interesting experiences. i remember the first time I went I was a bit of a wimp overall, given I was relatively young; me and a group of friends went to a place near Edinburgh for one of my friends birthdays, it was super good though overall we got very few paintball's between us which did ruin the experience a bit. I just remember we played this map where there was four or five building at the bottom of a hill, and we had to obviously assault the team defending the builds, I ended up being unable to find anybody for the entire round since my mask had steamed up and thus I could barely see, spent the entire time hiding in a bush out of the map (I didn't realise I was outside of the map) shooting random paintball's towards wherever I heard noise. Yeah I felt pretty idiot after ending up doing that, but bah, I didn't have a clue where I was going haha.

In 6th form at school, me and a group of friends went to a different paintballing place and it was absolutely amazing compared to my first time, we loved it, and overall we were a lot older and a thus we weren't generally as scared as we were when we were younger. I remember we had to make it to a barrel in front of a barricade that the other team were allowed to hide behind, I managed to creep really close and then sprint to the barrel, ended up getting there without being hit by anybody, thus winning the round. However, the other team (some of my friends) didn't take too kindly to that, and thus simply started peppering me as I stood there, apparently not quite realising I had made it to the barrel haha, it was rather painful but very entertaining, could barely see out of my mask by the end of it due to all the paint on it.

Yeah my stories aren't that interesting, but if anybody hasn't been paintballing I urge you to do so, it brilliant even if you aren't into that sort of thing, I know a lot of friends who have loved it when they weren't really bothered about going in the first place.

(Less smileys just for you Jamie)

Taking hostages is the funniest thing.

I went with a good friend of mine who i gave a crash course on basic assault tactics like peeling.

We flanked down one side just the two of us, peeling off one another, taking out 3 people along the way, until we realised we'd reached the end of the woodlands.

So we turned around and started sneaking up on the enemy from behind. Getting as close as we dare behind each player and scaring the shit out of them, shouting at them to drop their guns. We took two hostages and hit a guy who'd noticed us.

I honestly thought i was about to have a heart attack.

People talk about airsoft and laser quest, but you can't beat paintball. It's all about the pain.

If it didn't hurt, there would be no thrill.

Once i did a game of capture the flag. Right near the flag there was a ideal camping spot for sniping :)

Just a small hole in the wood where my barrel can fit trough and a small hole for my vision.

They never got that flag :lol: