Sign in to follow this  
Daffy Duck

Mondays

alright, so, I'll get the ball rolling on this miserable monday.

What is everyone doing to get themselves through today?

I was late for a 3H lecture because I was caught in rush hour, I didn't even have far to travel but after a cycling accident last week I cannot walk long distances at the moment.

And now I'm stuck on campus until 5pm for a variety of meetings and other things so I'm currently spending time in the library on here (obviously) and avoiding my essay.

If anyone is on the verge of coming to university, this is what you can expect really.

So, what are the rest of you doing?

and if any of you put this down as spam, I swear down I'll beat you.

I'm going home after skipping 2 lectures because I'm just too exhausted. I'm ill, I barely slept since I take hours to fall asleep even if I'm tired and I have to wake up really soon everyday to catch the bus which takes 2 hours to get to the uni I'm studying on. Your day seems worse tho I would go insane if I was stuck at campus for so long lmfao.

Also I hope you recover from ur accident :)

hahah, caught freshers flu have you?

I also have to hang around for a bit for new members of the cycling club to collect a few things, like t-shirts and membership cards and the like

Thanks for your condolences also! It's not so bad, I just mainly have to stay off the bike for a few weeks - but for someone like me, that's quite daunting.

Having a surprisingly good Monday where all I'm doing today is maths. Got nearly nine hours of sleep last night and a cup of coffee this morning to keep me going. Currently in one of our IT rooms (as it is break) and browsing Reddit/the forums/bukkit.org.

Just had an absolutely amazing lunch where we discussed the philosophical topic of whether we're in a computer simulation or not, boiled down to how if we were in a simulation, we could not tell.

In a bit I might have to finish some programming tasks, but until then I just get to relax.

Mondays pretty nice. I live in a little studio because my hometown is too far.

Only had 4 hours of class today, studied with some friends and going to have a chill night.

I like uni a lot honestly. Not too much pressure, skipping class when it's not worth it. A lot of freetime. shits da bomb

I'm going home after skipping 2 lectures because I'm just too exhausted.

You need to sort your priorities out, too much OB? :P

Just had an absolutely amazing lunch where we discussed the philosophical topic of whether we're in a computer simulation or not, boiled down to how if we were in a simulation, we could not tell.

lol... typical sixth formers :lol: Not gonna lie though, I put that down on my personal statement for Oxford summer school and got accepted :ugeek:

Mondays at Queen Mary University...

HntX74h.png

Don't think it needs much explaining. My last lecture starts at 5 and I fucking finish at 6, so yeah...

ok, here goes.

My monday was shit, last week i worked x4 14 hour days and friday i started at 6:30am and finished at 2:30am, (yes nearly 20 hours at work) And im a scaffolder so its a hard work i do, not like sitting in an office!

Firstly my day started off being told i've got another long day wed, then my lorry broke down on way to site. Witch ment i had to go back to our depo and get the spare witch is a shit hole!

We get to site and its a not ready, witch meant i have drive to another site 20ish miles away. We get there and then get called back to Depo to do a site induction for my long day wed.

Sometimes i wished i worked a normal 9 to 5 job!

07:30 - Get up 30min late. Spend 30min getting breakfast, making lunch, having a shower, etc.

08:00 - Leave for work.

08:20 - Arrive at work and check all my AFK games.

08:30 - Review some old webpages I did, change them and then release them into the system.

09:00 - Have a look at a support call for one of our clients.

10:00 - Work out what the problem is but Andy is nowhere to be seen so I continue developing a webpage I've been doing for a few days.

12:00 - Andy arrives, I asked him to help with the support call. We worked out quite a few things and emailed the client about it.

12:30 - Lunch time & table tennis.

13:30 - Back to work but I made sure to check my AFK games before doing so.

15:30 - After working on some buttons for a while I had a problem, so I went to AJ to work out how to deal with it.

16:45 - Problem solved and working fine. Found a bug and got Rich on the case.

17:00 - Left the office.

17:20 - Went to tesco.

17:30 - Arrived home, started to cook dinner & play on housemates N64.

19:30 - Went upstairs and turned on my computer, here I am now, the rest of my day will hopefulyl consist of old school runescape and potentially teamspeak and/or jailbreak.

Got up at 11 at my leisure and tried to cure yet another hangover by drowning it in coffee, didn't work just made me get the fear of impending doom. Worked for a few hours, went shopping with my brother which turned out to be hilarious because he was too stoned to make any choices on food and spent 10 minutes looking for cranberry yoghurts and filling the cart with those milk button sweets since they were half price. Went for a wee swim in the sea because we heard a whale washed ashore, looks hilarious Came back home worked a bit more, and now its time to game (off tomorrow, suck it nerds)

-gf woke up and left at 9am

-slept till about 11

-had 2 wanks

-showered and poopd, out of toilet roll so cleaned in shower

-got dressed

-tried to wake flatmate up to go to lecture, wouldn't respond

-left, saw a friend, arrived at lecture

-died for 2 hours of cough

-walked back

-read a bit

-made spaghetti hoops on toast

-procrastinated more