Sign in to follow this  
Kartoffel

New server suggestions!

All these servers would be easy to make for CSGO, and possible. There was a MG server before I was even around and is clearly not here anymore. Something happened to the MG server which I have no idea what it was. I'm sure a long time member would point me / us in the right direction as to what happened? :D

I'd like to see more of a variety of servers than just Jailbreak for CSGO. This can help to build the community even more imo. 64 slot Surf server, 64 slot 1v1 server (can either just be AWP or the multi1v1 plugin, for !guns to select your weapon, and include AWP / Pistol / Knife only rounds), 32 / 48 / 64 slot MG server, 32 slot Battle Royal server. Such demands. However, a selection from the above would be nice.

Another suggestion is to increase the Jailbreak server's slots to ~45 (40-50) - There's a mass increase in people joining, and people that manage to get in now gets auto-kicked from the server because of a reserved slot. Id recommend having more slots, which would of course increase the T:CT ratio heavily, but can then have more people on to begin instead of waiting an hour to get on to be auto-kicked. Of course, AFKs do get kicked by mods / admins but the slots quickly gets filled up. Plus, there's the possibility that there will be more baiting / new CTs who join, who will get knifed and give a free gun to the stack. So, there is the 50/50 option. Would say to trial it for a couple of days, but yah.

It's not due to our inability to setup decent servers, but because we want to do them properly and efficiently so that we'll grow and the servers will meet the same enjoyment standards as JB (even though many see it as cancer, there is a reason people pick it as their main JB server over others). We have plans in tow, just waiting on certain plugins to be fixed (some of which we are even having issues with on JB atm) before we expand our CSGO based servers + with the MC recently being opened but having issues that were only recently fixed, we want to work on expanding its popularity and intake of people first. One server at a time.

Also to expanding JB, as much as I agree it's sad that so many people get excluded at peak times - 32 (excluding the 3 admin slots which make 35) is already pushing it enough as it is, you made the statement the other day that the maps are made for more people but that doesn't mean they are most enjoyable at those times. The number of slots we have at the moment is the maximum limit without having the server become overboard cancer imo. Maybe one day we might see another JB but it won't be any time soon as we'd rather focus on a various different servers being brought in before even considering that (not to mention we're aiming for servers which are less mod thirsty like JB first).

In reply to your 'what happened to MG' - I only popped in briefly for the CS:GO OB MG, but as far as I'm aware it lost favour with the core OB playerbase and slowly died out (I think?). MG can work in the future though, especially now that we have a larger playerbase thanks to JB.

In regards to general suggestions and whatnot, we have got in mind and had for a while (as this post is fairly old now) what we want for the near future - however if all goes well we might get more servers over time, so feel free to discuss different suggestions which could work for the future.

It's not due to our inability to setup decent servers, but because we want to do them properly and efficiently so that we'll grow and the servers will meet the same enjoyment standards as JB

I probably worded the first part of my original post wrong, my bad :P

Also to expanding JB, as much as I agree it's sad that so many people get excluded at peak times - 32 (excluding the 3 admin slots which make 35) is already pushing it enough as it is,

Ah, I didnt think it was a 35 player server, always thought it was 32, but was seeing 33/32 on SourceBans recently for the JB server. Interesting. I do think that its still quite full, but it would be nice to include more members in where possible. I wouldn't like the fact of having a 2nd JB server, because then the fun is split into 2 different servers, where it would be more fun to have it all on one.

Bummer. The reserved slot will be everyones next best friend lol.

In reply to your 'what happened to MG' - I only popped in briefly for the CS:GO OB MG, but as far as I'm aware it lost favour with the core OB playerbase and slowly died out (I think?). MG can work in the future though, especially now that we have a larger playerbase thanks to JB.

Id like to see a MG server. I had one up for the community when JB was having issues (last month or so?) and saw quite a big interest in it, even though Ihad like 6 maps and not all the plugins set up right, or even be on a decent server. Would like to see one pop up imo :)

In regards to general suggestions and whatnot, we have got in mind and had for a while (as this post is fairly old now) what we want for the near future - however if all goes well we might get more servers over time, so feel free to discuss different suggestions which could work for the future.

Listen to the Orange Man. MiniGames, 1v1, Battle Royal, Surf. Just need to mention them and youre good to post :lol:

All these servers would be easy to make for CSGO, and possible. There was a MG server before I was even around and is clearly not here anymore. Something happened to the MG server which I have no idea what it was. I'm sure a long time member would point me / us in the right direction as to what happened? :D

Oh geez, more memories from Old OB...

My memory is fuzzy on that one. I never really played mini-games, but I did keep an eye on the Gametracker tag to see how it was doing.

Most of the time it would have around 9-10 players on it, sometimes 11. It never really did that well, although it was much better than surf. Almost nobody played THAT. If you do make a new server, don't do surf.

I think this thread has some great suggestions. I like the idea of a surf or mg server. The only thing I don't like so far from this thread (apart from all trolly suggestions) is gibby's request of increasing the max player capacity on the jb server, although the player count is becoming a problem.

I used to play a lot of jailbreak back in the day on gmod servers. They were made by a community called the C*be (dont want to advertise). They had about 10 servers running which were full pretty much every night, so it can definitely work (a second server). It is true what Gibby says, the fun will be split in half and you might not be able to play with your favorite players. also you will need even more admins/mods than we already have, but I think it should still get some serious consideration as it might help the community as well.

Maybe this all sounds really stupid, but I still want to have it said.

Btw is it actually decided what server it will be?

Yep, its gonna be an Irish famine simulator where the English just steal all our potatoes and we are too stubborn to eat anything else so we starve

Well, what else are we meant to eat, RICE??? All other carbohydrates make me sick