Sign in to follow this  
Sir_Conor

Store changes following a request from Valve

Hey everyone,

A bit of bad news but rather necessary information you need to know. As of 09/07/15 we will be removing all vanilla knives from the store following a recent plea from Valve for community owners to remove all kinds of "fake" items from their servers and as we cannot risk a blacklist, we will be complying. This includes all knives, fake coins, fake ranks and fake weapon finishes like !ws.

Here's the worst part for us - we have no way of seeing who has purchased knives from our store. We have no history of purchases and going through the database will take forever. This may be subject to change, as we will look into the plugin and ask the creator to see if there are ways for us to refund for a particular item. If Valve changes their mind about this whole thing, then anyone who has purchased a knife will automatically get it back.

We will be offering double credits for 1 whole week upon round win as an apology on our behalf. This issue is way beyond our control - for more information click here: https://www.reddit.com/r/GlobalOffensiv ... community/

Sorry for any inconvenience, we will keep you posted for any updates as soon as we can.

Sir Conor

So everyone who isnt rich or has jesus luck has to have the shitty default knife... Well played Volvo.

I'm not rich and I don't have Jesus luck.

Anyways, I totally understand why Valve is doing this, they are very good at making money imo and besides, it's their game and this change wont take people off the server either.

Valve is just becoming too money hungry. First they completely screw up with the Skyrim mods, now they demand people to remove content so that they make more money?

I hope they ll change this in a week or so, Valve becoming money hungry like EA would suck.

First they completely screw up with the Skyrim mods, now they demand people to remove content so that they make more money?

I don't agree with this, they added a pay system to the Skyrim mods to provide possible modders / future game developers motivation and an incentive to keep modding. I don't honestly know why people freaked out about Valve wanting to support people who are modding as a hobby.

First they completely screw up with the Skyrim mods, now they demand people to remove content so that they make more money?

I don't agree with this, they added a pay system to the Skyrim mods to provide possible modders / future game developers motivation and an incentive to keep modding. I don't honestly know why people freaked out about Valve wanting to support people who are modding as a hobby.

Look up the share the modders got out of the payments for the mods, then you will realize this wasnt done to "motivate developers to keep modding". You re just getting tricked by their blatant lies.

Look up the share the modders got out of the payments for the mods, then you will realize this wasnt done to "motivate developers to keep modding". You re just getting tricked by their blatant lies.

I know it was only a small share, but any money is good money. Although it does look like a money grabbing attempt the idea still stands of supporting the modding community and if Valve starts it, albeit for a tiny profit for the modders, other companies may catch on but by giving the modders a bigger share. It will hopefully create competition and after a while it really will be worth it to start modding.

I know it was only a small share, but any money is good money. Although it does look like a money grabbing attempt the idea still stands of supporting the modding community and if Valve starts it, albeit for a tiny profit for the modders, other companies may catch on but by giving the modders a bigger share. It will hopefully create competition and after a while it really will be worth it to start modding.

Exploiting people for your own profit is never a good thing.

There is a difference in helping modders with getting profits from their mods and exploiting mod creaters. It can even go as far as to ruin communities, seeing as now the Skyrim mods are all on dedicated websites. If people stop going there and it all moves to the valve store with money grabbing rules bound to them it will only reduce the quality of mods .

You seem to see not a single negative side to monetizing people to the point where it becomes exploiting. There are actually a lot of negatives, look at Africa for example.

EDIT; I think we are derailing the thread quite a bit

Exploiting people for your own profit is never a good thing.

There is a difference in helping modders with getting profits from their mods and exploiting mod creaters. It can even go as far as to ruin communities, seeing as now the Skyrim mods are all on dedicated websites. If people stop going there and it all moves to the valve store with money grabbing rules bound to them it will only reduce the quality of mods .

You seem to see not a single negative side to monetizing people to the point where it becomes exploiting. There are actually a lot of negatives, look at Africa for example.

Also, I completely agree with you on the fact that they are exploiting people for money, but that's how it is always going to be, big companies not giving a single fuck about their communities, I was just trying to point out the small positives from the obvious money grabbing. Sorry if it didn't seem that way.

we are derailing the thread

We are abit aren't we. I'll stop now :)