Sign in to follow this  
gaffeR

Television Series

NO SPOILERS IN THIS THREAD YOU JIMMIES!!!

I am looking for a list of series that people have watched and really enjoyed, i want to keep this updated with new series upcoming and what you are also waiting for.

I've already watched a few series which are,

Heroes

Prison Break

Sons of Anarchy

Game Of Thrones

Weeds

And i have just started watching Breaking Bad, however i want to extend my list and want to know what you guys have watched and would like a rating of them.

Prison Break

7 out of 10

The first 2 seasons where great, after that it got a little repetitive and boring but i still carried it on enjoyed the thing as a whole.

Sons of Anarchy

9 out of 10

Im on the last series of this, its been amazing so far!

The Wire - 10/10, favourite TV show: incredible amounts of characterization, realistic interpretation of the police and criminals (both of which you'll empathise with and hate), funny, dramatic, everything. :^)

Hannibal - 9/10, never thought anything would live up to Anthony Hopkins, but Mads Mikkelsen is really his own version of Lecter. Very lucid and gruesome at times, love it.

The Thick of It - 9/10, funniest TV comedy, dry and sweary as fuck, if Peter Capaldi was anything like this in Doctor Who I'd watch it.

Bob's Burgers - 8/10, light hearted animated comedy full of charm

True Detective - 8/10, darkest piece of TV recently, really well shot and mysterious.

Fargo - 8/10, Martin Freeman and Billy Bob Thornton, brilliant performances and slow drama

Other stuff I've watched and enjoyed is 30 Rock, Parks and Recreation, Borgen (Danish political drama), Boardwalk Empire, Penny Dreadful, Six Feet Under, and other shit I'm forgetting.

oh and SOPRANOS SOPRANOS SOPRANOS SOPRANOS

sopranos

10/10

oh and gaffer this being a thread about sharing TV shows you shouldn't include spoilers in the description lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUQJKMngrYo

A newsroom undergoes some changes in its workings and morals as a new team is brought in, bringing unexpected results for its existing news anchor.

The Newsroom is witty and fun, pretty much all I have to say about it. The rest of the show follows in the style of the clip above, writing peeks in season 3. 7/10

Meet the most beloved sitcom horse of the '90s - 20 years later. BoJack Horseman was the star of the hit TV show "Horsin' Around," but today he's washed up, living in Hollywood, complaining about everything, and wearing colorful sweaters.

Again witty and fun, pretty much sums it up, worth a watch and is surprisingly serious with dabs of dark humour at times. Amazing ending. 7/10 Edited by Guest

Stargate SG1 - 9/10 - does get repetitive but its what I used to watch when I was younger, has some nostalgia to it. However, I still really enjoy it and is a good program. (10 series suggests this).

Breaking Bad - 8.5/10 - Very good but drags out a bit.

Walking Dead 8.5/10 - only just started, very good as well.

Homeland - 10/10 - Holy shit HIGHLY recommend, its so good trust me it is amazing imo.

Modern Family - 10/10 - Hilarious comedy, definitely recommend.

I've watched a lot of TV shows, in no particular order

Vikings - 9/10, great historical show, follows the lore of Ragnar lodbrok so don't google him.

Dexter - 9/10 up to season 4 + season 6, 6/10 for the rest.

Breaking bad - 10/10 - Fan boy.

Always sunny in philly - 10/10, Every episode is hilarious never lacks in creative writing for such a low budget production.

The Shield - 9/10 - Very good police drama you will have to pay attention to some of it though to enjoy it more.

90120 - 3/10 - don't ask

Lost - 8.9/10 - I loved this show, some mysteries never get explained, every episode ends on a cliff hanger that turns out to be anti-climatic next episode.

Sons of Anarchy - 9/10 - Brilliant show, ending had shitty CGI (although satisfying) and gets more and more unrealistic as the show progresses. I never understood why they can show a guy getting dynamite up someone's ass but they aren't allowed the F-bomb or tits.

Parks and Recreation - 8/10 - Good comedy, easy to watch but last season becomes too serious with a poor quality of writing.

Friends - 10/10 - Ye.

Scrubs - 9.4/10 - Great comedy and occasionally they do a serious episode, really hits you hard in the feels.

Game of Thrones - 10/10 - Just brilliant fantasy, even better if you read the books to understand the lore a bit more.

The Walking Dead - 9/10 - Really good show, the 2 & 3 seasons drag out a lot, sitting in one location doing nothing but the most recent seasons have been incredible, really takes a dark turn just like Breaking bad

Hannibal - 9/10 - Brilliant show, focuses on the time before Dr Lecture is caught, unpredictable considering.

Californication - 9/10 - I've watched it through 3 times, Hilarious, smart and cool all in one. 20 minute episodes so very easy to watch.

Supernatural - 7.8/10 - Good show about supernatural phenomena, lower rating because you get completely desensitised to any sad scenes due to the endless possibility of a character not really dying. I'd recommend watching up to Season 5.

IT Crowd - 8/10 - Hilariously funny, mediocre jokes a lot of the time but theres the odd episode that is just genius.

Charmed - 7/10 - don't ask, I was young and my mum had the remote.

Homeland - 8/10 - Good show following the CIA but I've not got around to watching the new series.

Archer - 9/10 - Good cartoon comedy about a spy with mummy issues.

True Detective - 11/10 - Hands down the best single series I've ever seen, superb acting from Mcconaughey & Harrelson, extremely dark and not for the weaker audience.

I can't remember the rest but I'm sure theres many more I've seen