Sign in to follow this  
Sir_Conor

CS:GO Server

Hey all,

Outbreak is currently looking at a possible CS:GO Server. Before we choose which server to get we'd like to ask what game mode people would like to play?

So feel free to discuss what you would like and ask any questions or just add your suggestions here.

If PB is an option.. as Twist says this is a no-brainer....

What server died harder?

-Surf

Which server provided us with 95% of our player base?

-PB

Which server was more successful?

-PB

MG was even more successful than Surf, learn from past times yo'

Minigames: I feel I was against this before because it was pushing the other OB servers away, but in reality I enjoyed it and I'm sure it could be great. The thing I didn't enjoy was course maps, and repetitive games multigames maps

Zombie: This can be great, but I think most zombie game types has a lot to download.

Predator: I include this because I've heard many people talk about it, It sounds quite fun and maybe we'd enjoy it

Jailbreak: I've kind of gotten over jailbreak since I figured no one else in OB cared, then again it can be really fun. Although when I've tried it in CS:GO it's be strange, also you can't use sprays so commanding will be harder.

Surf

- Skill: I'm not too much of a skill surfer, but I enjoy it occassionally

- Combat: I enjoy a good combat surf, even though I prefer the jail based maps

Also The popularity of the game modes in CS:GO is important, if skillsurf is more popular should we jump on the band wagon or do we try to be unique?

I general I'd say CS:GO is for competitive players and CS:S is for different game modes, but CS:GO is bringing in newer players so they're likely to play different game modes.

Either way I enjoy all the game types that have been suggested so I'll play and help get the server popular

I probably have little right to comment on it, but I do have actual plans to become more active again after this next week as jobs and exams will all be done and dusted.

I can't really say a specific mode as it is naturally what the majority prefers - but apart from the obvious that people need to enjoy it the server, two key factors in my mind are that :

- Number of people playing doesn't matter (Maybe a small minimum as, unless you can definitely get something frequently populated, you don't want a server which needs 15+ people to be enjoyable).

- Social / involves communication somewhat. You will find it a lot harder to introduce people into the community if players on the server have no reason to interact or at least be friendly to each other, not always but a lot of the time death match servers have very little communication within them and this makes it a lot harder to bring in new players for the community. With modes which encourage more communication people will be a lot more confident and forthcoming to step into the community.

I would have to play more cs:go tbh to see how the different game modes are on it, as I've played little of the game and the little I have played has only been me being a scrub in competitive.

I do miss JB. I've found it near impossible to find a good English server.

Because there isn't many. Exactly. There's loads of surf servers, that's why people think surf is more popular.

"If you build it, they will come" - you need a decent PB server

Surf will NOT bring many people into the community. Its a solo, un-interactive game mode.

PB/Office like server > MG > Surf