Sign in to follow this  
Huntley

On the topic of younger member's of OB

So today while playing a younger or younger sounding player joined and went on CT, he wasn't too good in my opinion and people started complaining by picking on his higher pitched voice then the rest of us, at first it was a little uneasy but it got out of hand.

Demo's of this:

Main: http://www.mediafire.com/?dqfebckkubjc7ax

Part 2: http://www.mediafire.com/?bqjjj4ikcu4wauq

I'm not faulting those in the video i just feel like younger member's need to be given a little more respect, i recognize there's a age limit on member and i agree with that as most people below 15 haven't matured yet but the fact that this member was allowed to be trolled with multiple admins online make's me a little uneasy and think that something should be done.

This is in general just as i feel it should be discussed by all member's of the community.

(Note: i said mutiple times in both chats to knock it off, only when people got bored did it end)

I can't actually run demos at the moment >.> So I can't see these.

However I do agree sometimes it does go a little far. I'm not saying everyone is wrong blah blah, I find it annoying that's all. You go into a server and you gain respect from being friendly and getting to know people, you follow the server's traditions etc.

Several of the newcomers of late, from what I've seen, have gone straight to CT and acted like they know it all. I haven't had one of them attempt to say hi. I admit abusing their voices is wrong, I used to be a 10 year old competitive gamer : I should know.

On the other hand if you don't want to be teased for your voice, don't go spamming it on the voice chat...especially if you have a crappy microphone :/

On the whole I agree with your point...but the solution is to calm it down a bit rather than stop it completely, they have to learn to stick up for themselves and just say 'Enough is enough, I'm not liking this and I ask you to stop'.

^^ It sounds lame but if I hear someone saying that or something similar to me, just asking for it to stop. I would stop as I would realise I had gone too far. :o

You kept saying this last night and I didn't really see any evidence apart from a guy called "Fahrenheit". Pewson (the kid in question) was laughing and at no point asked them to stop or sounded unhappy.

Mountains out of mole hills and such.

If he'd complained at all, or I'd seen anything that I warranted "over the line" then like always, I would've stopped it straight away. As it was, the stuff I saw just seemed like light hearted banter.

Be aware I haven't watched the demos, that ^ was just my experience last night.

I know Daffy muted him once but that was because he literally would not stop talking, even when Daffy was trying to command. I would've done with the same.

Well seeing as a lot of the Ob members have had bad experiences with little kids. I to hate a lot of the little kids that we constantly get on the server, Puss and Gizmo are just one of the few that I hate. But people will know if the kid is nice or not and when we find that out then they will be treated right.

i dont mind the little kids, but most of the time they want to be CT. its like a drug or something lol.

I guess they like the power, being able to kill rather then being killed which i can understand.

Kinda happy this has stayed mature but i do recommend watching the demo to get a full understanding.

I love Puss? he seems a strange guy to hate out of the valid candidates, dosent mic spam or anything. But whatever.

annnnnnnyway, this seems like a very minor issue, from what I understand the people in question aren't even members of OB? But, 10 year olds who have squeaky voices come on and literally just go CT every day, talk to much, cry when they get killed, accuse people of hacking, abuse and either don't command at all (despite having mics) and play like tmf (get killed for standing up) or command ALL the time like its tmf (take one step out of your cells face the back and afk freeze) and I actually cant listen to them, I rebel really stupidly and then alt tab. In my mind, I bit of banter being chucked at these guys isn't an issue IMO, ofc I use my judgement when im on the server, if I see it as bullying I will step in, but they are younger less mature people playing with older guys, its going to happen. We have plenty of mature sounding 15 and under players who never got any abuse for being young (Backseatman, Puss (although honey muffin dosent like him) Skip was underage and people very rarely gave him stick for it)

Yes young squeaky voices do grate slightly but its the attitude that almost ALWAYS comes with that voice that annoys people. Our members know how to act and rarely go to far or say things they shouldn't, its the people who play on our server who aren't members and they are dealt with accordingly if an admin sees fit.

schooled y0

"Our members know how to act and rarely go to far or say things they shouldn't"

Continuing from Fluxy, if we ever saw a member behaving in a way we'd consider out of line, then they'd be dealt with the same as any other player regardless of what community they're in

after-schooled y0

1157652203-00.jpg

16+. Kids should be ready to be picked on for using their mics and thinking they are the best guys ever.

If they would stfu and just play then nothing is wrong with them. The only thing is that none of them

ever do this.

The demos are pure and utter shit.

The kid is enjoying himself giggling and having a laugh. He's clearly a little kid playing with the grown ups and he's getting some extra attention which he's loving. He got slapped around a bit by an admin and got asked if he had a vagineeeee. That's some of the friendliest banter there is in this community. Slapping is a way to show that we like someone and we want to have fun.

The kid is having fun and the demos are pretty much useless since it's Daffy commanding most of the time and barely any talking with the kid. And when the kid is commanding he tells the T's to pick a table. All the T's pick the same table and the kid gets a bit frustrated and then starts to giggle 2 seconds after. In the mean time Huntley is writing in chat how nasty it is that they are picking on a kid.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME? This clearly shows you haven't been around for that long and haven't experienced how the proper T's screw with the CT's if the CT's commands aren't good enough.

Thread is a waste of time. Demos are a waste of time.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME? This clearly shows you haven't been around for that long and haven't experienced how the proper T's screw with the CT's if the CT's commands aren't good enough.

Annnnd with that i'll just pack up this thread and leave it to be sent to spam.