AdolfJackler

Long Time No See

2 hours ago, MrGibbyGibson said:

On the note of discord, I've seen a few occasions recently of servers dropping out and being unreachable from Discord making it completely unusable. Even seen the main frontend under a few attacks and makes discord fully unusable at times too.

Prefer TS over Discord much more.

However welcome back :)

Ah. On that note, that isn't actually fully true.
I've been using it every single day for years now, since my mate first told me about it when we were all using Skype, and I have to say, the only time it really was a problem, was within the first couple weeks of using it due to it being fairly new at the time.

But at the end of the day, it's all to their own, if TS works best for you, then that's your thing, but I just personally think Discord is pretty much the same, if not better, and just easier to use.

1 hour ago, Twiixtor said:

SOUNDBOARDS :D

Hello there Adolf Jackler! Nice to meet you. Unfortunately I only joined OB in CS:GO and don't know anything about it's CSS and Gmod past, including you. I wish I did though. This community is amazing. Hope you stick around a bit? :)

Hey there! :)
Also, with your Soundboards comment, that can easily be set up on discord too, we have our own bot that plays games, acts like cleverbot, can play youtube songs/videos and soundcloud, you can have playlists added, and so much more.

Also, hey there :) I wasn't around for the CSS past, but I was around certainly for the Gmod, and I kind of wish you'd have another one set up (presuming you don't already) that was actually the only server I've found on Gmod to be helpful, and have active staff, and more. (I kind of left within the first couple days of the CS:GO server being a thing with Gmod being 'no more')

Just now, AdolfJackler said:

Ah. On that note, that isn't actually fully true.
I've been using it every single day for years now, since my mate first told me about it when we were all using Skype, and I have to say, the only time it really was a problem, was within the first couple weeks of using it due to it being fairly new at the time.

But at the end of the day, it's all to their own, if TS works best for you, then that's your thing, but I just personally think Discord is pretty much the same, if not better, and just easier to use.

Have seen the frontend of discord go down twice being unable to access all servers, have seen the London servers go down 3 times too xD But hey ho!

If they fixed them issues, along with the audio quality issues they had before (which arent too bad now) then it would be a great app to use tbh.

Skype is so shit though changing from stereo to mono from time to time xD.

Just now, MrGibbyGibson said:

the audio quality issues they had before (which arent too bad now)

I just have to say that the audio has never been a problem for us.
There's even a slider now to make audio better or worse than it's currently default.
Let me give you an example:

64kbps is the default (which is good audio)
turning that down to 30kbps is still the same audio, but takes less to use it.
anything lower than that is getting to the point of bad audio and mobile quality and so forth.

higher than 64, (highest atm is 96) is when you want to use high-end bots, or really good microphones and such.

So I'm not overly the biggest questioner for audio, but the crashing you mentioned have happened, but it's not a long time, it's literally been about 10 minutes is the longest one that I think I counted?

6 minutes ago, AdolfJackler said:

I just have to say that the audio has never been a problem for us.
There's even a slider now to make audio better or worse than it's currently default.
Let me give you an example:

64kbps is the default (which is good audio)
turning that down to 30kbps is still the same audio, but takes less to use it.
anything lower than that is getting to the point of bad audio and mobile quality and so forth.

higher than 64, (highest atm is 96) is when you want to use high-end bots, or really good microphones and such.

So I'm not overly the biggest questioner for audio, but the crashing you mentioned have happened, but it's not a long time, it's literally been about 10 minutes is the longest one that I think I counted?

Hm. Frontend stuff was down for like 5-10 minutes but had audio (ddos) issues constantly after, this lasted like 3 days at one point as far as I could tell.

Did see the london servers go down 3 times for approx 2-3 hours though. Varies on where people set locations of discord servers etc. Not really seen many issues recently however.

2 minutes ago, MrGibbyGibson said:

Hm. Frontend stuff was down for like 5-10 minutes but had audio (ddos) issues constantly after, this lasted like 3 days at one point as far as I could tell.

Did see the london servers go down 3 times for approx 2-3 hours though. Varies on where people set locations of discord servers etc. Not really seen many issues recently however.

I've never seen issues last more than half an hour, and the only locations we use are Amsterdam, and London.

3 hours ago, Liutvi Mestan said:

hello adolf hitler

well my name isn't related to hitler but ok... also, nice flag.

1 hour ago, DannyS said:

Is that you @nick?!?!

giphy.gif

not sure if that's at me or someone else on the thread but, no (if that's aimed at me)

27 minutes ago, AdolfJackler said:

well my name isn't related to hitler but ok... also, nice flag.

not sure if that's at me or someone else on the thread but, no (if that's aimed at me)

???