Sign in to follow this  
Raw

Struggling about monitor

What monitor should i buy?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Pick one

• 1080p 24'' 144hz Gsync TN-panel
    • 1440p 27'' IPS panel

Yo boys, currently im struggling between a few choices. I decided to get a new monitor. I can pick one up that has 1080p 24'', a TN-panel, 144hz and G-sync for 280 euro's, Or a 1440p  27'' IPS display for a little bit less.

Now i am not that hard competitive gamer, and play more than just counterstrike, what do you think that will be the best choice for me? Considering that i am not gonna spend 600 euros on a monitor, and with the new GPUs coming up very soon, i just want some sexy eye candy, although i also want 144hz.

Oh dear, this is exactly what the tech section shouldn't be. Fucking questions about what computer parts people want to buy.

That being said it depends on what you want from your monitor. Personally I have a 24" monitor, it's good for gaming and alright to watch shows on however if you're more into watching shows then get the larger one.

If you say you're not that "hard competitive gamer" and you are looking to buy the new GPUs (hopefully the 1080 or 1070) then I would say go for the IPS panel.

The colors and viewing angles are much better than the TN panel. Everything looks pretty and rich while TN panels offer kind of washed out colors and poor viewing angles.

In my opinion 1440p is the perfect resolution if you want a little bit more space and more sharp looking images than 1080p without getting a 4k monitor.

If the IPS panel doesn't have G-Sync then it's really no worry since you're not a "hard competitive gamer" so it wont make much difference.

Does the IPS panel monitor have 144hz though? If not then I would say go with the 1080p or find a good 1440hz IPS panel monitor.

I have been researching quite a lot of monitors recently since I want to get one myself but still haven't found that perfect one.

Skeff being passive aggressive to everyone who isn't as obsessed with IT as he is, no never! Almost as if he's just miserable and dull by nature! This will not stand. I await a brief with which to defend skeff's reputation.

I have a 24" screen too and it works for me. It's an acer for anyone interested.

Edited by VENGA BUS

1 hour ago, Skeff said:

Oh dear, this is exactly what the tech section shouldn't be. Fucking questions about what computer parts people want to buy.

Then where do you suggest these types of threads go? I would rather see these threads here than in General discussion. 

Edited by Gunstar

2 hours ago, Gunstar said:

The One I use and absolutely love and would reccomend:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00BPL078S/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

but if I had to pick one from your two choices then 24".

Problem is i already have a similair monitor, but thanks for suggestion. One thing to hold me off a 144hz, is that it is hard to step back to 60hz. Since i also use my laptop alot, and game from time to time on it. 

22 minutes ago, Gunstar said:

Then where do you suggest these types of threads go? I would rather see these threads here than in General discussion. 

Definitely in the general section. People confuse technology and products powered by technology too much.

If we did allow these threads in the tech section where would you suggest we put similar threads but for products not powered by technology?

Anyway back on topic. Again it is personal preference, if you want two similar monitors (which I generally prefer although I don't have) then get it but if you want some difference then get the other.