Sign in to follow this  
Philip

Cool Things people in your family have done

So i thought this would be a good place to put what our family have done. Here's mine:

My uncle Tim Cowley, you may of heard of him, but he invented the electric candles.

Here is the sort of things he invented

He is also an entrepreneur, he has gone bankrupt 2 times. He also bought a ship full of cargo as the company went bust whilst shipping cargo from London to America.

He's also a millionaire. So jealous...

Anyways that's what my uncle has achieved

My great grand father on my dads side was the prime minster of Beligum. 

My dad was the manager of an oil company. 

My mum has worked on some of the most famous 17-18th century British paintings. 

My uncle designs airplane engines. 

My Grand father on my mums side has paintings in the national Gallery of Scotland 

and my grand mother on my dads side was a French resistance fighter during WW2. 

And then there's me...the stoned moron. 

Related to George Stevenson, who made Rocket, the first steam engine.

Also related to an engineer on the Somme, an F-16 fighter pilot, a Creative Assembly (Total War, Alien Isolation) environment artist, a doctor, a university lecturer and an actor.

My Grandad's the most interesting person i've ever known. He's such a down to earth bloke and every story he tells is dead interesting.
He was in Germany towards the end of the war laying telephone lines, quite a few of his stories recount humbling encounters with the Germans post war.
He was a wood carver creating truly amazing wooden tables and plaques, although he hated it due to the fact there were no H&S regulations and people got seriously hurt on the machines working in pretty bad conditions.
But he's said his favorite job was being head porter at the biology wing of Sheffield Uni. Being the guy that everyone has to speak to when organizing events, he's met some really interesting people.