Sign in to follow this  
Absolute

Member application's

So i've heard many members talking about Regulars commenting on other people's member application's and in my opinion i think we should make a rule saying that ONLY members+ can comment on member application's? It is sometimes really annoying when they comment +1 and don't even know anything about the person and only comment positive things because they have been talking to the person on TS once.

But hey it's just my opinion and no hard feelings to the regulars i still love you all.

Comment what you guys think :)

I think it goes without saying that if you get a +1 from a reputable player/member, it's worth more than a +1 by a randomer. People would take that into account when it comes to choosing.

That said, blocking non-members from commenting would make the thread much cleaner and the decision less complicated.

Personally I don't see why people have a problem with regulars posting on member applications, mainly since regulars have a far better idea about how people act on the server without admins / mods or other community members being present. Obviously we would normally know people from teamspeak or our own activity on the server, but the more opinions on a certain player we get, the more information we end up knowing about them.

That being said, people do need to put a bit more effort into support or opposing somebodies member application, simply saying "+1 I like him" isn't helpful in the slightest, however putting a bit of effort into it, even a simple sentence is incredibly helpful to both the people who are deciding whether they get a trial, and also to people who haven't met them before.

Anyone can +1 or -1 a members app. The reason for this is pretty simple, it gives us more feedback on the Applicant.

Don't get me wrong, Just because you receive mixed feedback doesn't mean your fail, Nor does receiving lots of +1's!

Thx for the hate (lol) but no i like commenting on member apps and leaving feedback so i would like if it could stay :p

Although i do think people should really give their opinion instead of just

Typing +/-1. I like/dislike this person , regular or not, it seems like people are just

trying to get their post count up.

Typing +/-1. I like/dislike this person , regular or not, it seems like people are just

Which is why i prefer members+ doing it because they are the ones who have a good attitude in the first place. Why say +1/-1 if your not even a member yourself. And some people do troll or +1/-1 because it's their friend.

Which is why i prefer members+ doing it because they are the ones who have a good attitude in the first place. Why say +1/-1 if your not even a member yourself. And some people do troll or +1/-1 because it's their friend.

This is why i don't post +/- 1 on a member app. Cos i never really feel like i should be doing it since i'm not member.

i'm used to that style from other communities and just prefer it, so i like doing it that way. :)

*ofc if it's actual feedback on the person rather than a simple +/- 1 comment that helps im cool with it.

Edited by Guest

I do agree with that but at the same time I would like to be

able to continue to give feedback, but i guess that there is no real way to make

that happen, i do realise that i don't really have amazing opinions and that i

don't really get a say in the matter because of my farely small time that i have spent

with this community, but i do think that i speak for the regulars that actually

care, either way whatever happens i'll be cool with it :p

Things regulars AND members comment on applications that I find a bit annoying.

Kind and never toxic +1
+1 for mah brother.
good fellow 8/8 would go out on a d8 with
+1 great guy

Even if we did restrict regulars from even posting their opinions on an applicant, our members aren't that perfect either. some of us even post crap on there (as given above), that you really can't take them seriously. Please don't take shots at me, it's my own OPINION. x')

People taking things too seriously. +1s only have a small impact and just because you have a million +1s doesn't mean you're going to get member. Plus regulars and non members probably know more about the person than half the members as they are a big portion of the player base. Just because they don't write more than 5 words doesn't mean they don't know whether the player is worthy of member or not. If you want better quality +1s then maybe you should make a +1 template rather than excluding a large portion of the player base from saying their opinion.

Yeah Bard that's exactly what i mean! and yeah it's a bit harsh to the other Regular's take the blame as well and with this post i am definitely not referring to all of the regulars! And by that letting the members+ only comment is just fair in my opinion!