Sign in to follow this  
Popey456963

Trivia (1000 Hypothetical Credits)

Notes:

• Numbers are read from left to right (2 then 1), top to bottom (so it reads 6 then 2 then 9)
  • The puzzle is not all you need to solve, you need to get a single word out of it (well, three words of which one is the answer)
  • The puzzle can be solved logically, no brute-force needed.
  • The puzzle is definitely solvable and not broken! (If you're stuck, just take a break and look at it again a little later)
  • The cyan line and thick black lines do not make any difference to ANY part of the puzzle.

I have managed to do the puzzle but now I just need to find the words. I just don't see it... driving me nuts.

Edit: Solved.

Hint: Each row is 7 boxes across for a reason and take note of the word "code" and decrypting the code to get the answer.

If you are still doing it, here's how to do the puzzle:

y8s8suD.png

My strategy: The black dots next to the numbers mean the row/column has been completed. The black dots on the grid are where the black squares could go and the pink dots are where the black squares can't go. If you use this strategy, you should be able to solve it pretty quick. Start with the 11,9 column as there is only 1 combination it can be for that one.

I will give 500 creds to whoever comes 2nd. Good Luck.

If you are still doing it, here's how to do the puzzle:

y8s8suD.png

My strategy: The black dots next to the numbers mean the row/column has been completed. The black dots on the grid are where the black squares could go and the pink dots are where the black squares can't go. If you use this strategy, you should be able to solve it pretty quick. Start with the 11,9 column as there is only 1 combination it can be for that one.

I will give 500 creds to whoever comes 2nd. Good Luck.

That doesn't give me anything with the completed puzzle i have, i still don't know where to find this word.

I guess as a day has passed, one should give out a hint. As most people do seem to be having trouble decrypting the puzzle rather than completing it (and any who were having trouble should be helped out by Gunstars post. I leave you with the phrase "binary text".

(Also, congratulations on 1k posts Gunstar)