Sign in to follow this  
Popey456963

Trivia (1000 Hypothetical Credits)

The competition has ended as three people have submitted the correct answer! Congratulations Simon on getting first place.

Because I'm infuriated at the speed at which these competitions are being solved, the next one will be devious in its tasks.

I really liked your first question, however the jigsaw was kind of upsetting, as I have no spatial awareness. Please take this into consideration.

Yours truly,

Chris

The competition has ended as three people have submitted the correct answer! Congratulations Simon on getting first place.

Because I'm infuriated at the speed at which these competitions are being solved, the next one will be devious in its tasks.

I really liked your first question, however the jigsaw was kind of upsetting, as I have no spatial awareness. Please take this into consideration.

Yours truly,

Chris

Well I solved it in Photoshop and it didn't take more than 5 minutes if I remember. At most 3 had to be rotated 180 degrees others just went in as they were.

Was hard for others who might not even have photoshop... I had to print the whole thing and cut it all out what a waste of time lel.

This was honestly what I was expecting people to do, I had two friends who did it in their heads, which was slightly amazing to watch as they communicated using the relative coordinates of each piece.

The next puzzle will not use any spatial awareness, so you have nothing to fear Chris. Also, as a number of people have asked, the next puzzle will be harder than previous (oh how you shouldn't ask me to make puzzles hard), the second jigsaw puzzle was meant to be just to pass the time, not actually be tough.

The next puzzle will be posted at 6PM BST. Have fun.

Hint One

I guess now would be a good a time as any for a hint, just one word for now "John Horton Conway". Later on today I'll post a picture to help.

In regards to people working on it, any chance you could post on this thread just so I know I'm not giving out a puzzle to no-one?

Edited by Guest

The Roman Catholic Cathedral is part of the minorite compound, built in the center of Arad. The building’s history begins in 1902, when the construction of the new building started after the demolition of the old baroque church that had occupied the site. The works ended in 1904, while numerous details of the church’s interior could not be finished earlier than in 1911: the altar ornamentation, mural painting and stained glass windows.

The author of the project for this beautiful building is local architect Emil Tabacovits. In 1926, according to an inscription, the House of Culture for catholic minorities was built in the church’s yard.

To sum it up, answers are Roman Catholic Cathedral, 1902-1904, Emil Tabacovits.

It was quite fun actually after some time.

Indeed, challenging at some points until Conway was given, that's when i understood why everything is there :D .I guess using a program to find the name was ok. But i spent hours trying to find the picture on the profile because popey said 2014 -.- eventually got there though :P

Just to check, are we the only 2 trying?

I got what I thought was a correct answer pretty quickly, but that was with the 2014 date and then I couldn't be arsed to find the 2011 image - I was on the same page as Rachel though so at least I got that bit right.

I am enjoying these, I'm not so bothered about the credits so I'm not really posting any of my answers etc - but they fill that little bit of spare time you have where you are doing nothing else tbh. Looking forward to the next one lel.