Sign in to follow this  
Motoko Kusanagi

Why that name?!

Kartoffel has stuck with me ever since I was around 13 or 14 years old, my sister-in-law just decided one day to call me Kartoffel (German for potato) for no apparent reason. I liked the sound of Kartoffel and decided to bring it to my online profiles, if Kartoffel is taken I usually go with Tofflan (which is what I was called by my WoW guildies) or Potis (which means potato in my farmer Swedish dialect). For a while I was known as ChocolateMuffin or just Choco, but that chapter has ended for me and I'm back to Kartoffel.

I chose this name back when I used to play crossfire. I was about 11/12 then.

Gangster --> Thought this was really cool lol. Then was taken obvi so went for Gangstar, coz they sounded similar. Was also taken and deciedd to go for Gunster coz it was a FPS game but then I liked stars and decided why not add star after Gun so just named myself Gunstar.

I was never a fan of names with numbers or more than 1 word, just simple 1 word that starts with a capitall letter and looks clean.

Also, good thread ^^

My dad came up with the name skeff when he first got steam. I started using his account a heck of a lot more then him so I ended up stealing that name.

This xmas I brought him a bunch of steam games and a new account to make up for this, plus this means we don't try to log into steam at the same time anymore.

So basically I stole it off my dad, and became skeff.

As for what skeff actually means, I believe it is an attempt to mix the words skill and death but skeath doesn't sound quite as cool.

On other games I go by names related to my real name, such as lewis shoot (runescape) or legolewis (minecraft). But generally I try to keep the name skeff as much as I can.

My name came from my cousin.

He was trying to get me into PC gaming when I was 9 years old. He was a big CS player and the head admin for one of the UK's biggest gaming communities at the time, EnemyDown. He told me to make an account and not to worry about my age or anything and so he said to me: "What do you want to be called?" I said " I don't know really, I've never done this". He rolled his eyes, shook his head and said: "I dunno, maybe mint-lou, yeah that'll do". I stuck with the name and eventually it became "mintlou".

Hello there.

My very first name ever used in a game was SpitfireSteve on world of warcraft. The reasons behind this name are lost in the sands of time, I was honestly like 9/10 at the time. I never used that for anything else. Xbox name was smee magee, another one I have no idea about. just random words I guess.

Now most of you will know me as Fluxy, I used to run with CallmeFlux back in the day which then got changed to fLuXy cause that's edgy as fuck no? Fluxy is a name I have been using since I started playing Outbreak which is coming up for like 2 and a half years. The reasons behind it was I had just seen the film Aeon Flux and Fluxy was a progression of that. It is a name I have become very attached too. I think it has a nice ring too it when eventually your going to be hearing "AND FLUXY GOES HUGE WITH THE 4 MAN CLUTCH TO TAKE THE ROUND AND THE GAME HERE AT THE ESL 2021"

Started playing some random Deathrun server (which btw was filled with russians, ended up muting half of them for screaming down their mics). This was when I first started playing CSS when I was a silver. Tried thinking of some names to use as a gaming alias as I hadn't really had any before aside from Jamie, so I came up with the name Twist while randomly brain storming for catchy names, so I picked it and stuck with it. I followed some random guy who added me from that deathrun server to a jailbreak server called VooDoo.

joined CT

got switched

thought it was a bug

joined CT again

got switched again

saw admin spam chat with dont switch back

thought 'fuck im in serious trouble'

played a few rounds

got called a retard by Biggles for wanting to go CT and help them

died a little inside

got addicted

became admin, then head-admin

made this post few years later

Ive also been known in the past to change my name to edgy stuff. My biggest invention 'Woodenleg' which I ran with for a month or so. :glad2:

"Keiji" - I decided to use the name from a game called "Samurai Warriors" when I was younger (8/9). One of the characters from that game was called "Keiji Maeda" and I fucking loved that character as a kid, so i just sort of took the first name from that.

"Motori" - A shortening of a Russian last name, Motorichovsky, I didn't exactly want to go about with the entire last name, and thank god I didn't. ("TIS FACTORY NEW OH MAI JAWD, FAWKING T TERRIBLE BLYAATTTTT")

Also, Motori in 'Bosnian' also means "Motors" or, another shortening for "Motorcycles", so, if I ever meet a Bosnian gamer, I would be called "Keiji Motorcycles"

Back in the days when I played Call of Duty a lot my main tactic, in both my team's competitive ESL matches and pubstomping sprees, was to sneak behind the enemy while the rest of my team did whatever they pleased and essentially put myself in a position where I could knife any individual player at any time without facing consequences from their team mates - through this there were different things I could do, whether it were just scout out their calls or pick them off.

To summarise the point, during one game versus a group of Frenchies got slightly angry with this and spammed chat with 'putain invisible' or 'chatte sournois' (Fucking invisible and Sneaky Twat I believe). Eventually one guy called me 'UnSeen Hackeur!' (Yes, even with the capital S), so naturally I changed my name to this and eventually cut it down to just UnSeen as we are today.

Had this since I was 10 years old...rip. Though I do feel as if online names give me as much of an individual identity as irl names, so unlike many friends who change names in hand all the time - I like to stick to the same alias throughout as many things as possible.

tl;dr COD nametag faggotry.

I chose "Bard" (everyone says Brad) because if your familiar with the Hobbit, one of my favourite books/films, you would know who the character Bard is. If you don't, he's basically this person who shoots down Smaug (big scary dragon) and saves the peeps. Thats sounds like me, right? <:D

I chose "Bard" (everyone says Brad) because if your familiar with the Hobbit, one of my favourite books/films, you would know who the character Bard is. If you don't, he's basically this person who shoots down Smaug (big scary dragon) and saves the peeps. Thats sounds like me, right? <:D

There is no fucking way you have msn messenger, yahoo messenger and ICQ