Sign in to follow this  
Motoko Kusanagi

Why that name?!

Hey guys, I think that as a gamer, choosing your name can be one of the biggest decisions of your life. I'd think it would be interesting to know the reason behind everyone's name so please post why in this thread(this could very well have been done before, sorry if it has ell)

We can start with mine: Motoko

Major Motoko Kusanagi is the protagonist in the manga anime film Ghost in the Shell. This was the first manga film I ever saw and as a ninja/cop with guns the name kind of stuck. I've only used this name for CS:GO, no other games. It's also Japanese enough for me and its a chicks name with bewbzz....lol I'm not sad. Look forward to hearing from you guys!

I did have Nutcracker - I can never remember the reason (and no, it is not to do with cracking genitalia)

Dave - I think its because I started trading and I went on GMOD to *cough* troll *cough* and I liked it (despite it being not even remotely close to my real name) so I decided to change it to this.

I started off by playing minecraft 5 years ago with the name "woodysgametag" I got alot of hate on minecraft servers because there is a youtuber called Woodysgamertag. So I decided to buy a new account and call it WoodenGFX. I called it Wooden because people usually called me woody so I changed it to Wooden.

Used to use bzdu (pronounced buzz-doo) for a while playing on cod4 competitive - the trend there was to have very short, high impact names. I also liked the look of bzdu, and still use it today (for esea)

I usually use Harry, though when I bought source I was banned from a server for admin impersonation for being called Harry, so I named myself the first noise I made - wiiiissssst?

I also use fibonacci which is just the greatest name to say ever

Been SonyTwan going on 7 years now I think.

Tony Swan is your default name in the mod Zombie Master, so being the genius that I am, I swapped the first letters.

I miss Zombie Master, was a brilliant mod albeit clunky. For those who don't know, the zombie master (RTS view) would have points which they could choose to spend on certain types of zombies (regular shambling zombies, fast, big, and immolators that set on fire and exploded) or traps. Humans would have to survive or complete objectives.

My original name was Stiqqy ( because, i dont even know why) then during a round of css jailbreak, professor did a 'crab day' and said walk sidewards everywhere, being the pedantic twat i am i changed my name to lobster so i could crouch forwards and its stuck with me forever.

I was like 12 and I wanted to play FlyFF (Fly for fun), some shitty cartoony MMORPG. It was all about flying, hence HighFlyer, stuck with it because I felt like it implies aiming High in life, and stuff. Also somehow managed to gain the nickname 'Flyer' in real life... No idea how.

I used the persona 'Hellsghost' till I was 12, realised how cringey that was though. :|

Old name used to be bankrobber then I somehow got that into bankrobbing landshark then I changed it to just landshark. I still have no idea where landshark came from, I was just thinking of random names and I guess that came in my head.

Used to be mattman_98 on psn. This was when I was like 10 or so and got my first ps3. Matthmans1-19(or however high we went up to) were taken so I went with my year of birth...

Saucy1dawsy came from my surname being Dawson and some guy in my school randomly calling me 'saucy dawsy' one day. I thought it sounded better with the '1' separating the 2 words and I've mainly used it since.

'Saucy' on its own just came from playing on jailbreak and everyone calling me that instead of the full name :D

Well at one point I wanted to be called Jester but on all the games I used to play the name was already taken, therefore Jesty seems like a great name, so that's what my name for a while. Then I changed it to KoalaBearJesty because I wanted to have KoalaBear in my name, then I ended up shortening it to Koala, because you know, who doesn't love Koalas?