Sign in to follow this  
gaffeR

Bosc Monitor

He does get fed live locusts and crickets.

It's not advised to use live prey like mice/rats with pets and in the pet shop we tell people not to feed live, due to your pet possibly getting hurt which results in a hefty vet bill.

I know a friend and he tried it with his bearded dragon and the mouse bit off about 2 inches of its tail.

Theres a few stories of snakes and lizards losing eyes because a mouse would scratch and bite, so its really not worth the risk.

Edited by Guest

Ahah love it gaffeR, I know that that you're really passionate about your pets :o Reckon you'd be able to do a video of what you said about live locusts and crickets? Unless it's cruel ofc, but it'd be funny and cool to see the little guy hunting down his prey ahah xD

I don't know whether this is a real Gaffer video or not because throughout the entire video I saw not a single second of dog bollock.

Does the monitor struggle when the tail is protruding out of its mouth like that? Cos I know if I'm eating strawberry laces and I forget to bite before I swallow and there's a bit dangling out of my mouth while the rest is sliding down my throat, I am going to have a bad time...

Also how's the shop going? I hope it's taking off well!