Sign in to follow this  
Kieu

Dinner Time

Well this tonights dinner now i never post photos of my food because its stupid but this deserves a special mention :D

Jalapeno's , Spicy Salami , Spicy Chicken , BBQ Chicken , Spicy Pepperoni on a 14Inch Pizza

1522053_10151856792957263_1868285949_n.jpg

...Jalapeno's , Spicy Salami , Spicy Chicken , BBQ Chicken , Spicy Pepperoni on a 14Inch Pizza...

There are multiple grammatical errors in this post, I will list and correct them in order of appearance for the benefit of your personal development.

1. 1 - "Jalapeno's" should be "Jalapenos", it is not a possessive or an abbreviation and therefore does not require an apostrophe.
    2 - There is no space between the end of a word and any punctuation marks that immediately follow. This includes a dash, which when used correctly consists of an em dash and no spaces at either end, like this: "A flock of sparrows—some of them juveniles—alighted and sang."
    3 - Your use of capital letters is excessive and worrying. Capital letters are to be used only at the start of a sentence and for proper nouns such as names, place names, companies and trademarked words. For example, "Peter flew with British Airways to Paris to sample a chocolate croissant and Coca Cola from Café Rouge. He returned upon the Monday to continue his work at Pret A Manger."
    4 - At the near end of a list such as yours you must, between the penultimate and final items, place the word "and". Whether or not the penultimate word is followed with an extra comma (known as the Oxford comma) is of much heated debate amongst writing scholars, I personally prefer it without but currently both are acceptable in the written English language. The list should read "...spicy chicken, BBQ chicken and spicy pepperoni on..." in order to maintain grammatical sense.

While I do appreciate the effort gone into making this thread, because let's face it, pizza is king, I would be delighted if in the next instance you maintain a higher standard of grammar.

Thank you for your time and patience,

Jak

Grammar Correction Administrator