Sign in to follow this  
Gaz

Films

Elysium was incredible, I really liked the director of District 9 (one of my fave films) being given the Hollywood budget and effects and seeing what he could create. Yeah its a bit more liner and more shooty action but still immensely enjoyable.

Filth is one of my recent favourites, seen it 3 times in the cinema. Brilliant dialogue and acting from Macavoy.

Watched the woman in black a few days ago with Daniel Radcliff, that was really good as well. I really enjoy watching amazingly bad sc-fi/horror stuff especially the B movies you get on Netflix includes such things has The midnight meat train Evil Aliens(fuckingly awful or is bloody amazing?) Slither, VHS (genuinely pretty creepy) Texas chainsaw, hills have eyes, drag me to hell(so so so bad) that sorts stuff

Other films I have seen recently and thought were great 3:10 to Yuma, Gangster Squad, Lawless, The Raid, Sinister (a bit shit actually but enjoyable enough if you don't mind generic horror) Pineapple Express(holy shit this film is incredible) Harry Brow, Doghouse, Cabin in the woods, The mist, Deathproof (one of my faves as well) Hardcandy (so fucking tense and thought provoking its unreal)

So yeah that's all I can think of right now

I watched the purge recently. That was pretty sweet. But yeah never managed to watch elysium as i couldn't find my laptop cable. 55 mins of charge left. I know I'll watch the first episode of Band Of Brothers. I get 45 mins in, and laptop dies.

First episode - 110 mins

fuck

Black christmas, that shit is hilarious

Much this.

Filth is one of my recent favourites, seen it 3 times in the cinema. Brilliant dialogue and acting from Macavoy.

This too.

I still want to watch Blue is the Warmest Colour, but York isn't hipster enough/doesn't have enough of a gay scene to warrant a film about French lezzers. :(((((((

However, best art-house indie film is below.

Best films (best at top, although not necessarily in order):

Toy Story

Shawshank Redemption

Gran Torino - Clint Eastwood's last flick, cool film

Avatar - Pretty much my only fantasy exception or 'true' fantasy

Jet Li's fearless - Great martial arts film although it is subtitled

Bad Santa

Grown ups

Mrs. Doubtfire

Wall-E

That's all I can think of at the moment, seen most of Jason Statham's films too but they are all the same sort of thing. I haven't watched a good film recently.