Sign in to follow this  
Skeff

Disco Streets

Hmm perhaps this is true, but if you finish this Skeff due to the amount of effort you put into it - I'm willing to organise perhaps an event on it if you like.

We'll see, it's a shame for your effort to go unheard, as I know the hours you've put into it :p

Alright I knew this would happen, JB maps are supposed to be a small sized map in file size.

40Mb - 50Mb is mostly the max.

People wont play on a map bigger then 50Mb for jailbreak, especially not if its mostly due to music.

Your best solution is to get rid of some disco's and stick with max 2.

I would also like to know what sound file type you are using right now.

Because of this:

"neatek999 is right. People dont like waiting too long for maps to finish downloading. I downloaded the map and i found out what makes it so big. Your 10 music files make a total size of ~80 Mb´s. First of all you used the wrong format. You need to use Wav´s. These are the settings that give the least size with the music being acceptable quality :

Microsoft ADPCM

22kHz

4-Bit

Stereo

Now in case you are using looped sounds then you need to add cue points to your wav´s. You can read more about it here :

https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/LoopingaSound

If you care about your map then you should do these steps, again, if you are not looping your sounds ignore that link. Just make sure the final files are that format i specified above. This method will mostly impact on larger files with great results and on smaller ones not so much. But it should crop down the size for 50+%."

Source: http://css.gamebanana.com/maps/176747

For Minigames maps the max is a bit higher, especially for multigame maps.