Sign in to follow this  
Gaz

The Future Of OB

its not that I'm bored of jailbreak, its the lack of players online. When I've tried to get more people online, the people that come online weren't particularly making it fun.

At the moment I've been playing a lot of minecraft and I'm finding that fun, but I will try and play JB. :)

You can't force people to play something.

You all seem quite in favour of mixes and minecraft so stick with that.

We're just a small group, maybe that's how it should be.

Think practically, keep the people we got and if stuff picks up in the future then let it happen.

In short. Pleaaasseeeeeeeeeeee PLEASE be more optimistic and just keep playing what we play.

We're a small, close community and that's what I think it should be.

Full of love.

From me to you all

Daffy xxxxx

Whos says we absolutely must have new players in the community, generally the people that someone else will bring into the TS after meeting them in a game or something are cool people, I'm more than happy to have our nice friendly little group. I've played Jailbreak for 3 years now and the novelty of it has completely faded for me

Like said come play on jb or don't it's there for you lots and trust me happy with the minecraft and not forcing anyone to play anything you do what you wants just trying to promote the event anywhere i can as i can't be active in games at the moment no harm in it.

xx

Whos says we absolutely must have new players in the community, generally the people that someone else will bring into the TS after meeting them in a game or something are cool people, I'm more than happy to have our nice friendly little group. I've played Jailbreak for 3 years now and the novelty of it has completely faded for me

New blood is completely essential. It keeps things fresh and interesting.

And, it's actually kinda nice chatting to new people. Sometimes they're even better than a lot of the people you currently know.

Change is good.

New blood is completely essential. It keeps things fresh and interesting.

And, it's actually kinda nice chatting to new people. Sometimes they're even better than a lot of the people you currently know.

Change is good.

Alright I will have to agree that bringing more people in would give us a bigger range of games we could play and do.

However, Change is not always good. My whole study is located around change. 80% of the people will do everything to avoid change. And even if you get them on your side, it does not always turn out good.

So to correct your statement: Change is good when it is planned well.

As for explaining this whole situation this is heading to:

Biggles is one of the "Core-Members" as I call them from outbreak and just like him all the other "Core-Members" are just done with Jailbreak. Biggles played jailbreak for 3 years, well I have for 5. It has just gotten boring for us.

Twist has also said this in another thread, but to probally get the community going again we need to search further then just steam games alone. Perhaps a cool idea is to get an Battlefield 3 server and go play that. Just bringing up ideas, since BF3 is one of the vew games that is very boring playing alone but a blast when played in squads.

But lets be honnest do we really need a server in our current state? If I was on the steerwheel at this right moment I would say the following: First find a game people are willing to play together, then get a server open. To start a server you need at least 10-15 dedicated people playing it everyday. The rest will join over time. I dont see this happening with Jailbreak anymore.

"Alright I will have to agree that bringing more people in would give us a bigger range of games we could play and do."

Agreed.

"However, Change is not always good. My whole study is located around change."

This isn't actually a point.

"80% of the people will do everything to avoid change."

The vast majority of Britons would have the death penalty in place. Numbers = // = correct

"And even if you get them on your side, it does not always turn out good."

Nothing ever turns out 100% positive/good. This doesn't serve your argument.

"So to correct your statement: Change is good when it is planned well."

Not corrected. Also, not substantiated at all.

"As for explaining this whole situation this is heading to:

Biggles is one of the "Core-Members" as I call them from outbreak and just like him all the other "Core-Members" are just done with Jailbreak. Biggles played jailbreak for 3 years, well I have for 5. It has just gotten boring for us."

Members exist other than the 'core members'. This isn't really a point, as no decent community is just about the old-guard clique.

"Twist has also said this in another thread, but to probally get the community going again we need to search further then just steam games alone. Perhaps a cool idea is to get an Battlefield 3 server and go play that. Just bringing up ideas, since BF3 is one of the vew games that is very boring playing alone but a blast when played in squads. "

Yeah quite probably. Can imagine that being good fun. :)

"But lets be honnest do we really need a server in our current state? If I was on the steerwheel at this right moment I would say the following: First find a game people are willing to play together, then get a server open. To start a server you need at least 10-15 dedicated people playing it everyday. The rest will join over time. I dont see this happening with Jailbreak anymore."

Current state has been brought on, in part, by the decay of the servers. It's chicken-and-egg. I see your point, but if we were to have this server be anything more than about 30 people on the TS3 (which is fine), then we'd need a server. I guess it'd be accepting that we're not really a community as much as we are a tree-house club, in terms of size.

I must admit when we played jailbreak, maybe 6 months ago, there were a lot of loud core members with lots of 'in' jokes. In a way this made the community good. So I'd say lets get some more regular members with 'In' jokes, but not ruining the game it self, just a bit of mic spam

"Alright I will have to agree that bringing more people in would give us a bigger range of games we could play and do."

Agreed.

"However, Change is not always good. My whole study is located around change."

This isn't actually a point.

/Never Tried to make a point, just stating I know a lot about changes within companies etc./

"80% of the people will do everything to avoid change."

The vast majority of Britons would have the death penalty in place. Numbers = // = correct

/Have never said it was about Britain also it is about change within a company talking about, Change of vision or mission. These bring in new work flows and sometimes whole departments get thrown asside. The majority of people don't like change, you can go on and try to prove me wrong but it is what it is. Yes I see OB as a bussiness, cause if you don't it is doomed to fail. OB needs a leader, and a goal to acchieve. At this right moment OB has several departments all aiming for a different goal. This won't work./

"And even if you get them on your side, it does not always turn out good."

Nothing ever turns out 100% positive/good. This doesn't serve your argument.

"So to correct your statement: Change is good when it is planned well."

Not corrected. Also, not substantiated at all.

/Planning within a change of a company is essential, a well planned change will useally end up in a success or a near success. In the IT 90% of projects fail. Most of them due to bad planning and bad communication so that the planning could not be adjusted./

"As for explaining this whole situation this is heading to:

Biggles is one of the "Core-Members" as I call them from outbreak and just like him all the other "Core-Members" are just done with Jailbreak. Biggles played jailbreak for 3 years, well I have for 5. It has just gotten boring for us."

Members exist other than the 'core members'. This isn't really a point, as no decent community is just about the old-guard clique.

/A community exists due to its Core-Members, whether you like it or not. These people are well known and people want to play with them. They are the face of the community and they are the ones that often bring in more people. Although I have to say, if a community gets bigger this will get less and less important./

"Twist has also said this in another thread, but to probally get the community going again we need to search further then just steam games alone. Perhaps a cool idea is to get an Battlefield 3 server and go play that. Just bringing up ideas, since BF3 is one of the vew games that is very boring playing alone but a blast when played in squads. "

Yeah quite probably. Can imagine that being good fun. :)

"But lets be honnest do we really need a server in our current state? If I was on the steerwheel at this right moment I would say the following: First find a game people are willing to play together, then get a server open. To start a server you need at least 10-15 dedicated people playing it everyday. The rest will join over time. I dont see this happening with Jailbreak anymore."

Current state has been brought on, in part, by the decay of the servers. It's chicken-and-egg. I see your point, but if we were to have this server be anything more than about 30 people on the TS3 (which is fine), then we'd need a server. I guess it'd be accepting that we're not really a community as much as we are a tree-house club, in terms of size.

/Well yes, that is exactly how it currently is. We lost a lot of players due to unfortunate happenings. The thing I was trying to say was, try to find a game/mod or something more then the 8 people who currently play Jailbreak will play. And perhaps you need to think like this, if you still wish to play jailbreak join another server. Meet people there and play other games with them with OB. To be honnest I don't know what to do anymore neither do I want to think that much about it anymore. I stepped back from my position with a reason. All in all, listen to my advice it surely isnt something I just thought up. Better yet it would be unwise not to listen to the guy who made the community big at the start. And again I did not do this alone I had enough people to help me. Wich is something you are currently missing./

I don't wish to go further in this discussion, we both want OB to rise up again. We just have different oppinions about how to do it. Don't get me wrong, I would love to see OB grow and go big. And I am only going into discussion since I only wish the best for OB and its members/players. My suggestion: Get all the server owners in 1 TS Channel + Gaz and discuss. Without any discussion nothing good will come out.

/Never Tried to make a point, just stating I know a lot about changes within companies etc./

You are, otherwise you wouldn't be writing. A point isn't a bad thing, btw. You're doubtless making an argument because you feel it's the best thing for OB to hear, which is a good thing.

/Have never said it was about Britain also it is about change within a company talking about, Change of vision or mission. These bring in new work flows and sometimes whole departments get thrown asside. The majority of people don't like change, you can go on and try to prove me wrong but it is what it is. Yes I see OB as a bussiness, cause if you don't it is doomed to fail. OB needs a leader, and a goal to acchieve. At this right moment OB has several departments all aiming for a different goal. This won't work./

I think you misunderstand me on this. Back to 'most people hate change': most people hated the industrial revolution by-and-large, but it ultimately meant that we got fridges, heating and cheaper goods. Change was good. And it was not planned change either: it was a chaotic revolution which resulted in a lot of good.

What people like is different to what is good for them.

OB does have several different departments aiming in different directions. This does bring up problems, yes. But this is not a point I have ever tried to defend.

/Planning within a change of a company is essential, a well planned change will useally end up in a success or a near success. In the IT 90% of projects fail. Most of them due to bad planning and bad communication so that the planning could not be adjusted./

Certainly true. I wouldn't disagree with you that planning makes success infinitely more likely.

/A community exists due to its Core-Members, whether you like it or not. These people are well known and people want to play with them. They are the face of the community and they are the ones that often bring in more people. Although I have to say, if a community gets bigger this will get less and less important./

Define core-members or I can't really respond to this.

/Well yes, that is exactly how it currently is. We lost a lot of players due to unfortunate happenings. The thing I was trying to say was, try to find a game/mod or something more then the 8 people who currently play Jailbreak will play.

We did lose a lot of players. The main cause of JB's death, in my opinion, was that there were not enough dedicated mods around for it. The work required was far too much for the small team of people actually willing to put the effort in. Point is: we killed JB, not the other way round.

And perhaps you need to think like this, if you still wish to play jailbreak join another server.

Very constructive.

...And again I did not do this alone I had enough people to help me. Wich is something you are currently missing./

Boom. Hole in one.