Sign in to follow this  
Gaz

The Future Of OB

Lets get 1 thing out of the way, Never said change aint good. Just said people don't like change. The trick is to get them to like the change and atm that is not the case.

As for core members, it kinda speaks for it self. Core members are the members in the community everyone knows and have been in the community for some time. We also have some members who barely come on. A good example jackattack987. Basicly everyone in the admin team currently is somewhat a core member. But there are also other members that would fill in this core member description: For example Shadow, Mintlou and honeymuffin. Most not all do not enjoy JB as they used to do.

Since let's be honnest I think I can speak for everyone of them. The only reason I kept on playing JB was for its people not because of the mod. As long as the people are then I could have fun in any game/mod. We just got tired of that 1 mod.

Lets get 1 thing out of the way, Never said change aint good. Just said people don't like change. The trick is to get them to like the change and atm that is not the case.

Think 'change' is probably too complicated in this context to be summed up under the word. Lel.

As for core members, it kinda speaks for it self. Core members are the members in the community everyone knows and have been in the community for some time. We also have some members who barely come on. A good example jackattack987. Basicly everyone in the admin team currently is somewhat a core member. But there are also other members that would fill in this core member description: For example Shadow, Mintlou and honeymuffin. Most not all do not enjoy JB as they used to do.

'sometime' I think is less essential than 'well known'. Haven't actually mentioned JB since responding to you, but that's a fair observation to point out, nonetheless.

Since let's be honnest I think I can speak for everyone of them. The only reason I kept on playing JB was for its people not because of the mod. As long as the people are then I could have fun in any game/mod. We just got tired of that 1 mod.

That's good that you got on well with the community. But the fact remains that unless we have some kind of feeder server, the people who drop off won't be replaced. It just happens. People get bored. Have other obligations. Shit just happens. And then they move on. Without fresh blood, it's a real problem.

And fair Biggles. But I think we know that populating it initially isn't the problem. It's keeping it populated. And also, I wasn't talking about JB as much as I was the server at large and the need for fresh-blood.

Anyhow, made my points.

Came on for 5 minutes, populated the server, wasn't hard whatsoever

1. It was gaining more people before you came online, although everyone seemed to join and leave about the same time

2. If you join, yes you populate the server, but only by 1 person. Which encourages more population because a populated server is going to get more population.

Lost where I was going with this.