Rory

OB's thoughts on Nintendo Switch

at the moment i don't think there is enough good games to warrant a purchase from me, 280 retail or something like that for me to probably only play mario/zelda which would cost 80 itself just isn't worth it, the only nintendo games i probably play are pokemon and its not looking worth swapping from my 3ds to the switch, although saying that zelda looks like an amazing game which i would like to play one day, same for Odyssey.

9 minutes ago, Stiqqy said:

at the moment i don't think there is enough good games to warrant a purchase from me, 280 retail or something like that for me to probably only play mario/zelda which would cost 80 itself just isn't worth it, the only nintendo games i probably play are pokemon and its not looking worth swapping from my 3ds to the switch, although saying that zelda looks like an amazing game which i would like to play one day, same for Odyssey.

I would love to grab a 3DS and invest in the back catalogue to fix my portable craving atm but I'm hoping Animal Crossing which is coming to mobile might just do the trick, remains to be seen though as it could turn out to be an MTX riddled piece of shit.

if you think the switch not having many games makes it not reasonable to purchase ur an idiot.

if you bought the switch and then bought 3 gamos, you're paying for the switch and 3 gamos.

if the switch had an absolutely huge catalogue do you really think you'd buy any more than 3 gamos anytime soon?

i'd wager that you'd only ever at most buy about 1 switch game a month. which is far slower than how they're coming out

17 hours ago, Chris Lord said:

if you think the switch not having many games makes it not reasonable to purchase ur an idiot.

if you bought the switch and then bought 3 gamos, you're paying for the switch and 3 gamos.

if the switch had an absolutely huge catalogue do you really think you'd buy any more than 3 gamos anytime soon?

i'd wager that you'd only ever at most buy about 1 switch game a month. which is far slower than how they're coming out

Splatoon/BOTW/MKART/Odyssey would keep me going until after Christmas and then I would get my hands on Rocket League, DOOM and Skyrim.

It comes down to whether or not you want to play all of the above games, If the answer is no then the Switch is not for you. This is what its offering at the moment.

Just now, Rory said:

Splatoon/BOTW/MKART/Odyssey would keep me going until after Christmas and then I would get my hands on Rocket League, DOOM and Skyrim.

It comes down to whether or not you want to play all of the above games, If the answer is no then the Switch is not for you. This is what its offering at the moment.

there is plenty more, again, it's got nothing to do with game library, the idea that a console needs a big game library is a very small part of whether it's a worthwhile buy

this is a ridiculous fallacy

14 minutes ago, Chris Lord said:

there is plenty more, again, it's got nothing to do with game library, the idea that a console needs a big game library is a very small part of whether it's a worthwhile buy

this is a ridiculous fallacy

You look at things in such an obtuse way, My merits of value or whether something is worthwhile to purchase will be completely different from yours, or anyone else's.

You are pretty isolated in your thinking that the Switch has an extensive game library compared to other platforms, general consensus is that 3rd party developers expected a flop the same as with the WII U and then decided to kick back and wait until the dust settles.

Again, the purchase makes sense to me because the big releases (Of which there have only been a few) all appeal to me.

4 hours ago, Rory said:

You are pretty isolated in your thinking that the Switch has an extensive game library compared to other platforms

What Chris is trying to say is: whether there is just a few games or millions of games. At the end of the day the games are too expensive from most people's pov, so for most people the Switch's not worth buying.

Eitherway do what makes you happy man, if you feel like the Switch is going to give you hours of fun gameplay, then what stops you from buying it. A bunch of gaming bums? A ginger with attitude? To me it seems pretty clear what you want people to think about the Switch and it difinitely shows that you are going to buy it no matter what anyone here says anyways.

What I personally think about the Switch? It's shit. fuck off with this garbage. I'd rather buy CoD WWII twice. WHO THE FUCK BUYS A SWITCH!?

im joking, couldn't care less about this shit, but y'know post count n shit

Edited by Finnley

It feels like you guys think I made this thread to be convinced to buy a switch or some shit when I just wanted to circlejerk about how amazing I think it is.  

Obviously I don't factor in price because of my level of interest. Christ..

Edited by Rory

How to ride the Nintendo wave:

1) Nintendo releases 'new' tech that doesn't meet current standards and is way over the average price of other consoles

2) Wait a couple years for the hype and price to die

3) Buy cheap second hand console and games

4) Tech you bought is still relevant for another 5 years because Nintendo won't release another console until their hardware is so eclipsed that they are forced to.

I like Nintendo tech and games but this is what they do sadly.

4 hours ago, Finnley said:

What Chris is trying to say is: whether there is just a few games or millions of games. At the end of the day the games are too expensive from most people's pov, so for most people the Switch's not worth buying.

Eitherway do what makes you happy man, if you feel like the Switch is going to give you hours of fun gameplay, then what stops you from buying it. A bunch of gaming bums? A ginger with attitude? To me it seems pretty clear what you want people to think about the Switch and it difinitely shows that you are going to buy it no matter what anyone here says anyways.

What I personally think about the Switch? It's shit. fuck off with this garbage. I'd rather buy CoD WWII twice. WHO THE FUCK BUYS A SWITCH!?

im joking, couldn't care less about this shit, but y'know post count n shit

that's precisely not what I'm saying

I think @Rory's purchase is completely valid. I'm trying to say that even if there was only ONE game on the switch. If you wanted that game it's worth buying. The idea that game library makes a purchase worth or not worth is fucking stupid.