Sign in to follow this  
Brawler

MMA/UFC

So this might be a pointless thread as not many of you guys are interested in UFC (as to my knowledge), but a huge match is coming up where Conor McGreggor is going up against Nate Diaz.

Who do you think will win?

I personally think Mcgreggor will win as he has put alot more training and has apparently 'assessed' Diaz's movements and how he fights.

Feel free to post on who you think will win.

Yeah I love seeing sweaty muscular men in their boxers dry hump each other into submission, it just makes me feel so fucking hetro, ya feel? 

Nah but all jokes aside, I stayed up with eraser, Evan and Rory till 5 AM to watch the first Diaz vs Mcgreggor match when I was at Erasers house. It was so hyped up and mcgreggor was giving it so much chat on the build up to the fight, and guess what. 

The cocky Irish fuckboy got sat by redneck Ricky in the all of 2 fucking minutes. It was pretty anti climatic to say the least. I wasn't even aware that they were fighting again but I can't see it being different this time. Diaz is just too heavy for Mcgreggor to do anything to him, he just absorbs the hits and then when Mcgreggor is tired goes to town on him. 

I want to see my home boy McGregor win this time but Diaz just has a jaw of fucking granite that Connor's left cant shake.  Honestly wouldn't surprise me if Diaz was told to throw the match so the UFCs golden child can get back on track since he makes them so much money. The reason McGregor fucked his other opponents so easily is because he destroyed them mentally before they fought. Diaz not being the most intelligent of dudes doesn't even take notice of the trash talk and i think that's why he won the first fight.  Still excited to see it happen though :spooky:

4 minutes ago, Eraser said:

but Diaz just has a jaw of fucking granite that Connor's left cant shake. 

So true

And yes McGreggor does mentally destroy his opponents eg. Jose Aldo, so much pressure was put on him by McGreggor and all the people in the arena put alot of pressure on him making him very panicy if you know what I mean (nervous is a better word)

Edited by Brawler

Personally i want Nate to win just to prove to the McGreggor band wagon that he's actually shit but i heard Conor has spent ridiculous amount of money into training and has been studying Nates style for ages.

Either way it'll be a good fight imo 

I am backing McGregor but I think Diaz will take the fight again, he just feels way stronger and not even conor's mindgames or superior techniques can take him down imo. However if Conor does take Diaz down what a main event that will be. Also wouldn't be surprised if they pay Diaz shit tonnes to lose to Gregor as Eraser said to push the golden boy back up to the top (even though he destroyed his own division).

Edited by Gunstar

I don't watch much MMA / UFC but just judging by their last fight i'm backing Diaz. Conor talks a lot of trash and is very cocky. I don't know if he has done much of that this time? 

Also Diaz is like 7 kg heavier than him? 

I'm assuming Diaz will come out successful again but anything can happen. 

I don't know too much about UFC or much about pro MMA fighters but I also watched the last match between Nate Diaz and Conor McGregor, and although Conor lost... he was dominating in the first round. In round 2 Diaz landed some amazing combinations which made Conor bleed a lot which meant that he lost. after tapping out.

I was fully for Conor McGregor to win that fight so I hope to see him winning this next fight.

Edited by Hobbsyy

Just depends on whether Conor has upped his cardio since the first match, if he doesn't get gassed after the second round and keeps it on his feet i can see him eventually winning.  If Nate finds his distance early could be a repeat of the first match.  Either way will be entertaining with no bullshit grappling for half the fight, will be a complete brawl.

3 hours ago, Robert said:

Conor talks a lot of trash and is very cocky.

That's why I and many other fans love him. He is entertaining and makes it way more fun to watch and listen to him outside the octagon in interviews and press conferences etc. He trash talks a lot but he can also back it up because he is good haha not sure about taking on Diaz though who is like 2 weight divisions above him and Conor had to actually increase his weight to fight him.

1 hour ago, Gunstar said:

That's why I and many other fans love him. He is entertaining and makes it way more fun to watch and listen to him outside the octagon in interviews and press conferences etc. He trash talks a lot but he can also back it up because he is good haha not sure about taking on Diaz though who is like 2 weight divisions above him and Conor had to actually increase his weight to fight him.

I too find it hilarious, i have watched countless Conor McGregor shit talking videos, but he talked smack before and Diaz beat him. I don't know if its smart if he does it again.

Just now, Robert said:

I too find it hilarious, i have watched countless Conor McGregor shit talking videos, but he talked smack before and Diaz beat him. I don't know if its smart if he does it again.

If you see his other matches he has completely dominated , i think that all came down to the psychological warfare beforehand.  I think though if he steps down to defend his belt against an Aldo that was properly prepared he would lose