Lurker

Any Thoughts or plans on moving to discord?

I've been using this service for half and year with my streaming community, I thought due to the UI friendly design and very shallow learning curves, even your grandma can use it.

Well major positive side of this is that conor won't have to pay for a server due to any server is free and there is no hidden fee or payments to be made for using the API. In streaming context, this is very neat on major fields of upkeep, now I wouldn't be surprised that the neighboring csgo communities are using it too. 

discord is a good platform and it is worth moving to it as u can do the same things as teamspeak but its fully free also there are ways of having admins and mods ect u can have the same amount of rooms as team speak but it is free. i think i would be a good option to change to discord as it saves the constant need to pay for the server. :D

Also, for starters it doesn't cost any more because we're on a dedicated server for our gameservers anyway - so that point is out of the window.

UnSeen said the above. Idk how to move quotes from different threads.

Edited by Twiixtor

This thread basically turned into this very debate, my post is in the middle of page 2 and pretty much sums it up:

"it doesn't cost any more because we're on a dedicated server for our gameservers anyway - so that point is out of the window. Furthermore Discord is useful for the likes of guilds and smaller groups, but expanding communities are far easier to manage through TS. Furthermore it is far more adaptable to plugins and has a wider variety of options in configuration and permissions for setting up a structure (like we have).

TS is older too and more commonly used as well so it opens up for more people, this and Discord has been known to have issues for people from certain areas where it actually causes games to crash (a large group of people I knew from Sweden were having their games crash every time they joined discord)."

tl;dr - no :)

14 hours ago, Lurker said:

Not the server :D

2 hours ago, UnSeen said:

"it doesn't cost any more because we're on a dedicated server for our game servers anyway" 

tl;dr - no :)

^

-

Have been using TeamSpeak more than discord and find it much better in terms of settings and usability.

Well I have a dedi that I run teamspeaks off so if Outbreak wants a 100 slot teamspeak I will happily run a 100 slot teamspeak from it free of charge (Perm)