Sign in to follow this  
Iszuka™

Member Trades?

I really like this idea, but I don't believe having it member only is fair. There are many people on the server including vets and trusted players who aren't currently member, but I'd personally have full faith in. Maybe a verification or forum requirement system should be needed for non-member to access or post on the board.

What's the point?

If you want to trade with someone just ask them, it's up to you if you trust them or not. Let's not start punishing members for scamming other members. We are not Steam police.

This is the exact reason we won't be doing this, it's pointless.

I've got some steam cards i don't need, and i'm also missing some i'd like to create badges. So for example:

If i could make a forum post, listing what i have but don't want and then also list what i need. It can stay there for a length of time until someone in the community gets dropped that card and is willing to trade it to me.

I also have a couple of indie games i've been gifted but will never redeem or play. I'd be happy to trade them for say 1x CSGO skin or less.

I'll put them in a thread in the respective board and people can make offers.

Trading with people you know would be a far better experience than using a trading board full of strangers. It's just another way to integrate with the OB community and create a friendly atmosphere.

Sure there should be some kind of disclaimer on behalf of OB. I don't think for one moment anyone would expect the OB staff to police the trades. The internet is a nasty place and you should really understand what you're getting yourself into when initiating a trade.

But again, this is why i suggested there be some sort of initiation or user pre-requisite to be able to trade on OB.

What's the point?

If you want to trade with someone just ask them, it's up to you if you trust them or not. Let's not start punishing members for scamming other members. We are not Steam police.

Have we got a new owner of OB?

On a more serious note, this isn't about becoming the Steam police, this is about helping our members find others to trade with specific items. We're filling a different gap to the actual trading, which would still happen through Steam.

(Edit: Apparently in the four hours of having this damn thread open someone else replied with a much better answer.)