Sign in to follow this  
MrGibbyGibson

NEW CS:GO Updates - Changes to Comp.

A 'big-ish' update came out overnight for CS:GO, which included new cases (did someone say cases? MMMMM.....) but also updates to competetive matchmaking too.

bJ2sYTa.png

I do love the fact they added a team timeout, especially if its for 1 minute, as this can be helpful in very close situations (for example, you've won 4 decent games and about to get Global Elite, near enough, but down 13-14 on the 5th match. A timeout would be so useful in these sort of situations).

Lowering the time is going to be interesting. ESEA PUGs / FACEIT PUGs / Pro Leagues etc have the time of 1:45 and a 35 second defuse time, which will be raised to 1:55 time per round & also a 40 second defuse time, making things run slower for people. However, this is also applied in competitive matchmaking, so from 2:00 per round and 0:45 to defuse to the same as the pro leagues & PUGs. I don't see any issues, but it will start to rush the silvers more.

I can see some changes to the pistols, which probably means people can run straight across your face from long range (e.g. run into short whilst youre behind the bench) and just 1-tap your face. Nice! ~ Ill need to see how the AKs will work for le tap to da face.

HcP4l9k.png

vgf2KAa.png

This is quite interesting. People, even in pro leagues, have only just gotten used to the sounds in maps and would be able to identify where the new sounds will come from. As there are some changes made, some people may get confused as to where exactly they are and could need to re-learn the sounds and positioning.

Ofcourse, new cases & gifts. Id love to open some @ i56, will see the value of these cases near the time. The revolver will be interesting to try. (One Deag -> One Revolva?)

Besides, your views on the points from the update?

Overall I actually like this update. I'm hyped to try the revolver, the fixes to the rifles and pistols were needed and they finally fixed the footsteps.

About the new case I hate most of the skins they look like shit imo apart fom 2 or 3.

The timeout option will be interesting, it can be really good or really bad lets see how it turns out and same thing for the new times for bomb and round.

EDIT: After trying the R8 yeah it's really fun to play with but it completely broke the game. Still, might aswell have some fun with it until it gets nerfed.

Also, a lot of ppl are crashing when joining a game and the graphic settings keep changing back to default.

+1 Fluxy

The revolver will be nerfed, but I don't understand why people are absolutely losing their minds. It's pretty fun, it's pretty gamebreaking, it's pretty certain for a nerf. In the meantime, enjoy those ridiculous force buys booooooyys

Change the right click function so that stupid shit doesn't exist, perhaps change it so it pre-loads the left click aswell as remove the insane running accuracy (?!?!?!?!?) and you have yourselves a decent pistol.

so here are my thoughts *personal ones as well as some Reddit ones*

1. The R8 is over powered

2. The R8 will be nerfed, people acting like its the end of CS make me laugh, of course it will be nerfed within the week and made obsolete so calm down.

3. The R8 is the most fun I have had on CS in a loooooong time.

4. The R8 does not belong in competitive CS.

SO.

As a guy said on reddit, which I agree with, The R8 being so ridiculously OP was probably on purpose to distract everyone from the rest of the patch update, re bomb and round timers being changed, rifle mechanics being changed as so on. People are so mind fucked about the R8 that they cant look past it and so the rest of the update has kind of been ignored, valve knew this and in a week the R8 will be nerfed to fuck and it will return to normal and people will sort of forget about the rest of the stuff.

imo, wp valve.

The R8 shooting in buy period is aids, too bad it can't kill our team mates though :<). I just played a comp earlier and I think 90% of the rounds were revolver, armour, nades with like 10k in the bank. But as fluxy said, I also think it's a decoy set up by valve.