Paradoxxx

An introduction to Mafia

The strategy is to kill people who are bad town and good maffia.

So these are the silent people and inexperienced people.

let me explain.

Lets say Josh, an inexperienced person, gets town, he will be shit at it because he's new, or be silent cause hes shy. This is bad because other players won''t be able to read him AND he doesnt give input on other people. Basicly you are a detriment to town as a group. Please remember YOU PLAY AS A GROUP NOT AS AN INDIVIDUAL. Thus killing off josh inexperienced is always a safe bet if theres nothing else to go on.

Lets say josh gets maffia, he's going to be silent and not give much input. Other people wont get a read on him and he'll get far as maffia. Thus the netto result is having silent inexperienced people on is detrimental to the winning chances of town. This said we wont always kill the same silent people because thats just a dickmove, but if theres nothing else to go on, this is a safe bet to do.

If an experienced players get maffia, he will be good at maffia blabalbalabba

If an experienced player gets town he will be good at town blabalbala

netto result: zero

Thats why the strategy for experienced maffia is to kill experienced people.

But somepeople here are getting to a point that they are next level experienced and will kill inexperienced town or do something not to the norm to put people off.

I agree with Paradox, as a townie it's too risky to keep the unexperienced players alive,especially the ones that dont say a single word during the whole game. It seems bs because "oh i wanted to try mafia but i keep getting picked to die in the first rounds so i don't get to play" but it's not that we want newbies to be gone and keep the pros because we know how to play(not calling myself a pro but I at least have experience and generally know what I'm doing unless I'm beyond drunk), ot's just the best strategy to win as a mafia. Still the experienced mafias are able to keep some newbies until the end so that's not a real problem and the best players always get detected or killed by the mafia so it's not that good to be known as a good player. The problem is that the quiet newbies are really random and hard to read (as paradox said) and then they just vote off whoever ppl tell them to so they are easily manipulated by a mafia.

For example our last gane yesterday: Extinct was mafia and got detected by Thunder and he came out as the detective, basically they both died, Paradox got killed by the mafia do I was left off with a bunch of new players and Brandon because we didn't kill the newbies on the first roubds. Because of this I had no clue of who the mafia was and he could easily win unless he either fucked up big time or the town just got lucky and voted him off. I couldnt read them well enough to accuse anyone of being a mafia, Sniffles was acting weird, Headhunter was acting weird, Zac was being quiet as usual and Brandon was being Brandon. We only won because Zac was vigilante and was still alive so he came out and Headhunter(mafia) started to panic the second I told Zac to shoot him off at night after we kill sniffles. That was our best chance of winning but it was literally a 50/50. He did try to make a good play by telling us t vote him off and Zac to kill Brandon but I caught him because he was quiet the whole game and out of nowhere he starts to talk a lot and also because I knew he was trying to manipulate us, why would he say to vote him off right after I said Zac to shoot him? It made no difference so it was just an attempt to fuck us up.

Massive post gg

Tl;dr: You all suck at mafia xoxo

One question I have regarding the actual gameplay, and not the game itself, is how to play on day 1?

Nothing has happened then, and you have no evidence to go off. What I normally see happen is the more experienced players try to vote off a newer player, which normally leaves the newer player with no defense, as nothing in the round has happened which would give them any arguments to defend themselves with. Is there any strategy at the start of a game other than "choose the newbie" which I haven't picked up, or is it that simple?

One question I have regarding the actual gameplay, and not the game itself, is how to play on day 1?

Nothing has happened then, and you have no evidence to go off. What I normally see happen is the more experienced players try to vote off a newer player, which normally leaves the newer player with no defense, as nothing in the round has happened which would give them any arguments to defend themselves with. Is there any strategy at the start of a game other than "choose the newbie" which I haven't picked up, or is it that simple?

this is literally what the last 5 comments were about...

Tl;dr: You all suck at mafia xoxo

Says the person who smokes 70%-80% of the time and goes afk.

I wouldn't say i'm the best player at mafia but at least i talk :3

I'm going to update Paradox's Rules and make 'em more clear i guess? :)

So usually the maximum is 12, it's rare to have more than that though.

We play around 22:00-00:00

There are 5 roles:

Mafia: There are 2 Mafia's, at night they choose someone to kill.

Detective: The Detective can choose a person to detect at night, they will be poked that person's role.

Medic: The Medic chooses a person to heal at night.

E.g: So if a Mafia wants to kill Blyss for instance and the Medic chooses Blyss to save, then he won't die.

Vigilante: The Vigilante has 1 bullet to kill someone throughout the whole game. This requires a lot of thinking, as you must use your bullet wisely.

If you kill a town, the Vigilante also dies. If you kill a Mafia successfully, the Vigilante won't die.

Traitor: The Traitor has 1 guess, if he doesn't guess a mafia role, he dies.

If he guesses who the mafia is he becomes one of them.

However the traitor can choose to be a normal townie by not using their guess at all!

Town: If you do not get poked at all you are a town member. You have no abilities but it would the game would be more interesting if YOU TALK.

Other roles for 13+ people

Bodyguard: Protect one person from death at night throughout the whole game.

.If your target is attacked both you and your attacker will die instead.

(Whoever pokes the mod their targets will die)

.If you successfully protect someone you can still be healed and the Mafia die.

.You can't heal the bodyguard if he doesn't target anyone.

.No self-protect.

Overall the Whole town is trying to kill the Mafia.

Notes: Recently we've added that each mafia alive has 1 kill each. The Moderator will tell you if there's 2 kills or not.

You can lie about your role, however it is very risky!

If you have a town role YOU DECIDE if you want to tell what your role is and share information.

By doing this you are risking your life, which is why you must discuss and think well.

AKA NO STUPID PLAYS

Make sure you have a webcam/phone and use TinyChat! Once the Moderator has poked roles the game starts with a night phase:

During the Night phases DON'T TALK, if you do you're most likely to be given warnings and could be banned.

The starting night phase is to check that everyone has the right roles, once this is done it is the day phase where you discuss who to "lynch" on your suspicions.

Day Phases are 10 Minutes MAX.

DISCUSS DISCUSS DISCUSS

If you want to accuse someone put your hand up, if 2 people accuse one person they must do a defence. After their defence, the people who accused can decide to retract or not.

If not, it goes to the voting process. People MUST put there head down and put their thumbs up, if they want the person to die or thumbs down if they don't.

The reason why you put your head down is so that you don't change your votes because of other people's decision!

If the person is voted off it is NIGHT

If the person isn't then one more accusation can be brought up, then it is night.

So like I said earlier when it is Night DON'T TALK!

The Moderator will go in role order and use their abilities and decide what they want to do.

At day you will find out what happens!

This cycle will then continue until someone wins!

Mafia wins if they are with the same amount of townies. (1:1 | 2:2)

Town wins if they eliminate all Mafia.

Thanks for reading!

Paradox you can decide if you wanna replace the main post with this :)

Edited by Guest

Good job Rachel although the colours burnt my eyes.

You should just add to the notes some unusual situations since I feel like they should be clarified for everyone. (eg: Mafia kills Blyss, Medic saves Blyss, Vig kills Blyss > Blyss still dies) and others that I can't think of right now.

this is literally what the last 5 comments were about...

I know they were on a similar topic, and I may have deterred slightly from my main point.

Do you choose the new players first round purely because they are new, or is it due to their inconsistency? If a very experienced player was hard to read, would you choose them to be safe, or keep them in as they are experienced, despite the fact they play in a similar way to a new person?

If a new player spoke a lot and discussed their opinions, would they not be chosen straight away?

You should just add to the notes some unusual situations since I feel like they should be clarified for everyone. (eg: Mafia kills Blyss, Medic saves Blyss, Vig kills Blyss > Blyss still dies) and others that I can't think of right now.

Not really an issue since that's the moderators problem and the moderators should be experienced players and are fond of the situations :)

Not really an issue since that's the moderators problem and the moderators should be experienced players and are fond of the situations :)

Yeah like Brand0n :glad2: :glad2: :glad2: :glad2: rip my mafia dreams. (just kidding I luv you Brenda)

If a new player spoke a lot and discussed their opinions, would they not be chosen straight away?

Imo it depends. If there are other new players that don't speak at all then I would say we kill them first, if not then I would pick that new player even if he talks a lot purely because of his inconsistency. It's too risky to keep someone alive that we're unable to read. Anyway like I said before the new players always get to play and they even get to the end a lot of times because not everyone follows this ''method'' and the mafias try to keep alive (or at least they should).

I say we have an active first night with 1 kill and all the other roles active

Agreed. I think it's better that way around. The first day where we vote people off based on no evidence and picking on inexperienced players because they will be bad at their role is a shit way of going at it even if best way.