Sign in to follow this  
Popey456963

Hello guys, I'm Popey!

As the title suggests, my name is Popey. I'm a 16 year old boy who enjoys playing computer games, programming and cycling. I was born in Ipswich, yet raised in Woodbridge, a quaint town which boasts a working mill (and no night life at all).

I've only played on Outbreak for two days, but I have a playtime of about 16 hours and have played on a bunch of jailbreak servers, meaning I'm quite an experienced played (not that that means I'm good...). I enjoy playing CT far more than T, because I'm an egotistical SOAB who likes hearing the sound of his own voice.

I currently earn a living a part-time programmer, trying to juggle it with GCSEs, which I am currently taking.

Edited by Guest

Hey Popeye, not seen you on the server yet myself but welcome nonetheless! :)

You will doubtless be called this by the majority of the community within a few weeks. For evidence, please see Keiji Motori (aka ken-jee, ken-ghee etc.)

Welcome. :)

Woopsie, in my defence I had just woken up and was clearly unable to read. Sorry!

Hey Popeye, not seen you on the server yet myself but welcome nonetheless! :)

You will doubtless be called this by the majority of the community within a few weeks. For evidence, please see Keiji Motori (aka ken-jee, ken-ghee etc.)

Welcome. :)

Don't worry, I get that all the time :)

Welcome to the forums. What sort of things do you program?

Thanks for the welcome, mainly I work on web design, it's a good way to earn a lot of money without putting too many hours in. Most of my work is setting up static websites for people, but once in a while I'll get an interesting project to work on when the website has to actually do something.

I also sometimes take on projects to programmatically sort through data, sometimes simple things like combining two lists, or sorting a list alphabetically, however sometimes I have to do some logic to it. My absolute favourite project was one which needed a neural network (simple AI) to sort through some data.

For webdesign, my stack is usually JADE, SASS and Coffeescript for static websites, and Django/Node.JS for websites that actually have to do something. For the data collection, I use Python if there is not too much data, and I have to do something simple. If there is a large amount of data, or I need to use some logic, I use Node.JS.

You're 15? Christ, I had you down for 19 at the least

I'll take this as a compliment, and thanks for the welcome! :)