Sign in to follow this  
SonyTwan

Remove "ba_jails_towers3f_ingame"

Dreadful map:

- 2 games, one of which doesn't even work properly

- Vent cell literally next to armory

- Incredibly small

- Can't check top cells for weapons unless you actually open the cells, revealing the stairs

- Gun in cell, gun right next to cells behind a box, AK47 in medic

I know right, do you lot even play the maps before putting them on the server? :/

I apologise profusely on behalf of the entire server team for the terrible offence this oversight has caused you. This will never happen again, and I will personally supervise the investigation into finding out precisely who was responsible for putting a shit map onto the server.

With utmost sincerity,

Venga and the Admin Team, your humble servants

I know right, do you lot even play the maps before putting them on the server? :/

I apologise profusely on behalf of the entire server team for the terrible offence this oversight has caused you. This will never happen again, and I will personally supervise the investigation into finding out precisely who was responsible for putting a shit map onto the server.

With utmost sincerity,

No need to be facetious, but my point still stands, why add a map if it's bad..

I understand this and this issue has been escalated accordingly. Biggles has been notified and if he does not find the culprit responsible for this tragedy, he will stand down as owner. Similarly, Sir_Conor, Gaffer and myself will be stepping down if we cannot remedy this calamity. A new leader will be elected from the regulars and members who frequently highlight problems, and helpfully never suggest how to improve upon a situation.

In future, regardless of leadership, we will take the server offline for two-three days a week, so we can rigorously map test, so that this disaster is never repeated. This incident will be remembered alongside other such tragedies of human history, like the Titanic and the Black Plague, or perhaps even the failed collectivist agricultural experiment led by Mao Tse Tung, leading to the deaths of some 100 million people through starvation.

Thank you Neophyte - with your razor-sharp detective skills, you have pulled Outbreak back from the brink. We are not home-free yet, but I will keep you absolutely up-to-date as this situation develops.

With utmost sincerity,

I understand this and this issue has been escalated accordingly. Biggles has been notified and if he does not find the culprit responsible for this tragedy, he will stand down as owner. Similarly, Sir_Conor, Gaffer and myself will be stepping down if we cannot remedy this calamity. A new leader will be elected from the regulars and members who frequently highlight problems, and helpfully never suggest how to improve upon a situation.

In future, regardless of leadership, we will take the server offline for two-three days a week, so we can rigorously map test, so that this disaster is never repeated. This incident will be remembered alongside other such tragedies of human history, like the Titanic and the Black Plague, or perhaps even the failed collectivist agricultural experiment led by Mao Tse Tung, leading to the deaths of some 100 million people through starvation.

Thank you Neophyte - with your razor-sharp detective skills, you have pulled Outbreak back from the brink. We are not home-free yet, but I will keep you absolutely up-to-date as this situation develops.

With utmost sincerity,

Or you know.. Admit you made a mistake and move on, instead of making yourself look like a dingus.

By no means am I trying to be edgy, I was merely questioning how it got on the server since it was no good.

Or you know.. Admit you made a mistake and move on, instead of making yourself look like a dingus.

By no means am I trying to be edgy, I was merely questioning how it got on the server since it was no good.

Maybe because map are usually only really tested that they don't just break the server and as long as they don't they go on so we can get player feedback that isn't "shit map remove NOW!!!" Also we cant remove every map that has one flaw here and there or we wouldn't have many maps at all

How do you think the maps get tested? Do you think they have a second sub server just for testing maps?

If only OB was rolling in dolla to have the map testing server, it could be used for events as well

Gaz he means testing the basics of the map. Like seeing if it's actually playable to the point where people won't moan and complain about it. For example, this map and colours. You don't need a map testing server for that, do it entirely offline.