Sign in to follow this  
M1nt-l0u

Meetup in REAL LIFE attempt 2.

So we were just talking on teamspeak about meeting up sometime next year. Landshark is up for it, as is Keiji, Cheese and I.

We were thinking of a meetup initially at a LAN tournament place to initially meet and greet and then moving on to do other things. (Pub/bar access will be there).

http://insomniagamingfestival.com/ Is the link for a possible choice of location for the event, but obviously we can research more and find a better venue/range of activities. It would be good to do a LAN so that no one is left out and it just makes things easier. Game first, then just relax at the bar, I dunno.

What do you think, would you be up for this kind of thing?

People who aren't in the UK, what do you think?

Amsterdam was my initial thought. I could get pissed, fuck chicks (for a fee) and meet Weezy. It just depends on what the majority of people want to do.

As for the LAN sad thing, I had the same thought, but I'm trying to find something that would get as many people going as possible. Gaffer, I'm sure me and you will be fine in a pub, I just have visions of you saying "right, you're out" and then being thrown out by the collar.

In a way its a nice idea

The LAN thing may be sad but we do play games together so its basically us normally just in real life

Going to the pub or somewhere out is good idea but then that limited the younger members, I dont mean the ones under 15 i mean anyone under 18. So even though mintlou suggested it then thats kind of like an immediate stop to him

Then location, we're from all over. Most of us are British so its probably the best country for it, but we're still from all over the country. Quite a few people near bristol which is quite south like wist and mintlou, but then some people in the north like landshark and fluxy.

So i guess those are things to think about.

Looking at the Google Maps, Coventry is the 'midpoint' between us all. It's between 1.5 - 2.5 hours away from everyone. So that seems like the ideal place to go. As for the time this will happen, I doubt it will be any time soon, I'm 18 in October so then I'm not limited to being in a pub or anything. Maybe we could do something in November or something?

This is just the initial idea of a meetup, this time I want this to actually happen, unlike the last thread attempt. If you're a pessimist about this kind of thing, It makes it hard for it to happen as there are people up for this. (Gaffer)