Sign in to follow this  
Gaz

Discussion: Merger with dR

what i can do if you guys can make a list for what you want to know. me or gaz can go to cupii and ask these questions and meaby get some more information for you guys so you know what is going to happen in detail.

- We get an OB channel

- This is above the general gaming channels

- Gaz has FULL admin control within that channel straight away

--- He can make or remove mod from anyone within that channel

--- He can make or remove rooms within that channel

- We are not put on trial, or made members of dR until we apply

Personally I still stand by what I said before, We don't need servers to be a community, I enjoy sitting in TS when I get home from work, just chilling out in our lovely home. When the day comes that people are getting super hyped for a game and enough people playing it to need a server, I'll be more than happy to dip into my wallet and I'm sure other people could scrap together one or two pounds aswell.

As for a dying community, that just isn't true, its CSS that died and yes we lost a lot of our player base but people underestimate how many people we actually get in our TS, I find when we tend to play CSGO casuals we meet some cool people who'll join in with the fun we create, all we really have to do is reach out and invite them to the teamspeak

bleeeeze gemin'

I have spoken to the owner, he is having all of us set to clan friend and Outbreak Division. So no more recruit.

It would be nice if in return we use their ts a little more then I can push the other issues forward.

I think I'm somewhere between what Jak and Biggles said. I don't need the merge but if it happens, Jak's things would be nice to have.

I would also appreciate Hishot not being a power monger and get better at writing posts. I literally can not read your posts because they are so clustered and without proper punctuation. This is a forum, not a text management sytem.

grumpy shadow is grumpy.

Hey all,

bullgod here, founder of Dedicated Rejects.

I've noticed over the last few days that the whole merge-process has been pretty slow, and so I decided to read the topic on your forums and see if I can clear any confusion or answer any questions that you may have.

So one thing I noticed that many commented about was the recruit status on teamspeak.

This is what I told Gaz the other day, but I'll pass on that message here as well: the recruit status was not intended to put anyone of you into some "trial state" - it was merely a way to give everyone a temporary rank while you try out our community before you have the go/no-go meeting on whether or not to make the merge final. Once, and if, the OB community decides to integrate within the dR community and its' teamspeak, a full membership rank will be given to everyone immediately.

The rank was intended to be something temporary just to get things working - it does not carry its' original definition as a true "recruit" per say. It's just a temporary thing to give you guys the permissions in teamspeak. Yesterday I heard that the recruit rank was not well received so I decided to change that rank to "clan-friend". Again, this does not mean that you are "just a friend of the clan", its just a temporary status.

As for admin permissions and ranks, Gaz will have all the neccessary permissions (kick/ban/move people/create channels/delete channels/modify channels/etc). Other admins will have the same rights except for creating or modifying channels.

Now on to, what seems to be, the main issue: people not joining the dR teamspeak. I totally understand that the OB teamspeak is your "home" and comfortable, while the dR one might feel a bit strange. I would feel the same if I was to join another community. I also understand that it wouldn't be right to just lock the teamspeak without everyones concent in order to force them to go to the dR ts, which is a very valid argument that Gaz pointed out.

However, I think that you guys should have some sort of meeting, a poll, or something and one day just go for it. You guys have said it yourselves that it will be a "trial merger" which means that if you are not happy with something you can always go back with nothing to lose, and if you decide to stay with dR... then great!

But the OB community needs to get this trial goin which hasn't even started yet.

I really think that if you don't do it, a merge will never happen. It has been over a week now (?) and so far there are as many people in the dR teamspeak as there were on day 1, and by the looks of things, this tendency won't change.

So my suggestion to you: Organize a meeting, or setup a poll, and ask if this is something you guys really want to do. If the answer is yes, then set a date and just jump over to dR. Then, if you guys are happy with your stay, you guys will be promoted and the merge will be final.

I just don't see it happening otherwise... the merge has gone nowhere so far.

Anyway that was just my 2 cents. Let me now if you have any questions. ;)

/KBG.

Edited by Guest

Thanks for that Bullgod, it's nice to hear something from dR without it being spewed from the mouth of our almighty savouir hishot. I agree, j think we need a definite are we or aren't we going to do this because right now we are in limbo. If we say yes we are, then it's ducking awful everybodt just starts bitching about it later, if you don't want to do a merge then say you dont. The dR ts is huge yes and you can get lost easlily and the amount of ducking scrolling you have to do is stupid BUT as his hot said you can close the channels and besides, some dR people are sound!

The dR ts is huge yes and you can get lost easlily and the amount of ducking scrolling you have to do is stupid BUT as his hot said you can close the channels and besides, some dR people are sound!

Yeah if you unsubscribe from a division, all subchannels will remain hidden.

Channels keep popping back up for me, makes me cri face

You need to unsubscribe from them. Right click and click unsubscribe, or click unsubscribe at the top of the window (the icon with the eye) then subscribe to the OB channels.