Sign in to follow this  
Gaz

Discussion: Merger with dR

I'm sorry that the merger didn't go as planned, Thank you for the time and effort you spent with the talks trying to make everyone happy, you probably see now though that OB are a very stubborn bunch.

Gaz we did contact you.

Both myself and Cupii have been trying to reach you for the last 2 days. You said you were busy for the moment and I asked you in 2 separate occasions to let me know when you are available, which you never did.

Anyway...

We are still interested in a merge with OB, but for the last almost-two weeks there has been zero progress. As such, if OB community is still interested, we would have to sit down and agree on how to approach this merger. We would need to set definitive dates, agree on ranks, channels, permissions and everything else that has been in the grey-area until now.

Also, to answer some of the posts above:

The 1 month trial/merger time was meant to be the period during which the OB community would try out our teamspeak, our members and the dR community as a whole. In our books the 1 month trial basically never started since there has been very little (almost none) activity on the dR teamspeak, hence no "trial" could possibly be made. At least this was our understanding of what the 30 trial meant.

It has nearly been 2 weeks since the merger, and by the looks of things, the next 2 weeks would probably not be any different.

Anyway, we are still willing to work something out. But both communities need to improve communications in order to prevent misunderstandings, but we would also need to sit down one day and agree on what I said a bit further up this post.

Please reply here or PM me if you guys are still interested. We are and we think a merger would be very beneficial for both communities - in many ways.

Regards,

KBG.

Gaz we did contact you.

And other stuff.

The reason I didn't respond is because I have been dealing with real life shit. Basically this week I stepped down from owner of outbreak. I was going to make an official statement but the pushing has caused this. I work too much to pay bills and survive to take on the toil of Outbreak and it's servers.

I was in work everytime I received messages I was in work. Either unable to respond or generally busy.

I have stepped down for many reasons, mainly personal life reasons. I've been too busy with life to really do anything or dedicate anytime to it.

Also it has been 1 week since the merger began. Not 2. I am currently stepping down and passing leadership on. A meeting was being set up between KBG and the new leader.

I understand Gaz. I just wanted to make our position clear: we wouldn't just void the merger like that without contacting you first.

I didn't know you were busy with IRL stuff and the "pushing" was because the merge was left out in the grey area, and we were really confused that nothing was happening. Anyway now we all know.

So to the new leader of OB: please PM me or reply to this topic when you want this meeting to happen. I am a bit busy this month, so please notify at least a few hours before.

Looking forward to get this merger happen :)

Thanks and regards,

KBG.

Hi, having been with some of these guys in 2010 and going from community to community I can say for a fact its beneficial to merge and meet new people.

I think you guys have been patient with trying to initiate this merger and when I return tomorrow after exams I will be happy to come to your TS and play some mixes with new players.

A lot of people in this thread were pretty rude for no reason - your offers were generous - probably just no firm direction to join your TS from our leadership - understandable as Gaz has been v. busy.

No reason for everyone getting all butt hurt about a trial, a trial which isn't even really a proper trial. This is exactly what happened when Voodoo merged with Blaze, you can't expect dR to accept everyone from OB into their community when they know little about us - presumably they make people applying for them trial, so why should we be any different?

tl;dr? Why R U complaining, look at what they're offering us for what we offer them you filthy conservative bastards

Sounds good.

Just please post a time that you want to have this meeting - I'm not very active on TS this month so I would need a specific time to plan ahead. Anything after 4pm UK time works for me.

Cheers.

/KBG.