Sign in to follow this  
gaffeR

Battlefield 1

18 hours ago, Lurker said:

As I said in another thread, after year or half a year you will be regretting your purchase when the playerbase drops and the servers will be closed ;)

When another battlefield game comes online is when bf1 gets pulled out off the market officially. 

Yeah wtf lmafo, like I'm no fan of BF games or EA but this is complelty untrue, BF3 and 4 still have pretty strong player bases on consoles and there's really strong support for the older games on PC. 

On 02/09/2016 at 16:22, Brawler said:

My pov on it, played it on xbone at my cousins house and i quit after 20 minutes.

Enjoy the vid aswell

I played it on Xbox One And it was shit, Its because Xbox Sucks LOL

But yeah I played it on pc and Enjoyed it so much 

Guest repper1

i really wanna get this, how much is it?

Look, i haven't opened a single battlefield game, but being a victim of C&C online shutdown, I have pretty much threw money in the trash.

http://www.polygon.com/2014/5/11/5708330/ea-shutting-down-classic-battlefield-fifa-crysis-need-for-speed-games

This was posted in 2014 where battlefield 2 servers are closed, by some estimate average battlefield 3 and 4 is coming after. Even if you still have players, the point here is that when another battlefield game comes out, the older one gets pulled out. I wasn't talking about battlefield 4 directly. The whole premise of my statement is that you are investing 60 euros for something easily predictable how much the game will have a dedicated playerbase due to time periods.

Now let me make a more radical claim, take a look at the newer battlefront's playerbase, hardline playersbase and compare it to battlefield 4. They are hosting servers for just around 10k players for these 2 games alone. And yet battlefield 4 still has people, now imagine they close the servers for 3 and 4 concurrently after couple of years. The players either have to buy the new battlefield 1 or hardline. Considering hardline will get cheaper as time goes on, hardline will be the majority . Release another battlefield game, and hardline will get closed after some years again. So to summarize, EA is milking you DRY.

Edit:I could be wrong about a year or half a year, but it still stands that you are aware that you are investing 60 euros for a limited time game dependent on online servers by EA.

Edited by Lurker

Bumping this due to the game being nearly out and a since there has been chance for those who signed up to origin access to play the game (like myself) wanting to see what people think. 

I defs enjoyed the beta but came away from it fairly sure I wasent going to buy the game, however, 2 of my flatmates are massive BF fans and have been raping the game since it was released for early adopters to play and I have to say it has really made me reconsider this. Last night I played about 4 hours through the origin access thing and really really enjoyed it. Im now falling on the side of the fence that says "just buy the damn game already" but I would really like some people to play with. So was wondering who else might be buying BF1?  

Edited by Fluxy

39 minutes ago, Landshark said:

50 quid for a game = pass

yah dis mak me sed :( and thats if you want like fucking bargain bin base game with no bells or whistles....over 100 pounds if you want all the shit, like no no ty