Sign in to follow this  
Mason

What Headphones do you guys have?

Hi, currently I have razer krakens and I have had this pair of headphones for a while now (few months) and I have now come to the conclusion that it is time for a change so I am just wondering what type of headphones you guys have.

Edited by Mason

4 hours ago, Jak said:

Audio Technica M50X.

Are they good for sound awareness in CS:GO ?

I've always been playing with surround sound headsets but heard the m50x are good for positional audio. Wanna get them in the near future.

I have the Roccat Kave 5.1 atm. Shit headphones paired with a shit mic :D

Edited by Twiixtor

I am a bit of an audio file when it comes to headphones as I value good quality sound over shitty bass boost pieces of shit such a Beats by Dre. Now I must agree you really do need a change as Razer Krakens are awful, Razer are good at some products but when it comes to headsets stay well clear (do not buy into there over the top marketing) especially the kraken as it is regarded as one of the worst sounding gaming headsets you can buy. 

Now depending on your price range and what you are looking for I have some recommendations. If you are just after an all in one headset with a built in mic I would say without a doubt the 'Hyper X Cloud 2' headset is probably the best Mid priced headset on on the market right now. It is around 70 GBP. As for a good pair of Headphones without breaking the bank there is no pair of headphones better than the 'Audio Technica ath-m50x' in there price range. You can pic these up for around 125 GBP. A Mod mic 4.0 goes really well with these as it is a stand alone mice that you can stick onto the side of them with better quality than any gaming headset mic you can buy.

Good luck

15 minutes ago, Major Chaos said:

I am a bit of an audio file when it comes to headphones as I value good quality sound over shitty bass boost pieces of shit such a Beats by Dre. Now I must agree you really do need a change as Razer Krakens are awful, Razer are good at some products but when it comes to headsets stay well clear (do not buy into there over the top marketing) especially the kraken as it is regarded as one of the worst sounding gaming headsets you can buy. 

Now depending on your price range and what you are looking for I have some recommendations. If you are just after an all in one headset with a built in mic I would say without a doubt the 'Hyper X Cloud 2' headset is probably the best Mid priced headset on on the market right now. It is around 70 GBP. As for a good pair of Headphones without breaking the bank there is no pair of headphones better than the 'Audio Technica ath-m50x' in there price range. You can pic these up for around 125 GBP. A Mod mic 4.0 goes really well with these as it is a stand alone mice that you can stick onto the side of them with better quality than any gaming headset mic you can buy.

Good luck

have M50x and can vouch for this
good quality for the price
think even Jak and Mintlou have a pair

Edited by SonyTwan

3 hours ago, Twiixtor said:

Are they good for sound awareness in CS:GO ?

I've always been playing with surround sound headsets but heard the m50x are good for positional audio. Wanna get them in the near future.

I have the Roccat Kave 5.1 atm. Shit headphones paired with a shit mic :D

Really have to touch on this as I have heard this a lot from people and thought i should clear something up. The whole surround sound thing when it comes to gaming headsets is just for marketing reasons mainly. Yes they do have it weather it be 5.1 or 7.1 but it is all just virtual it is done through software to make it sound like surround sound. Because at the end of the day you only have 2 ears and the speakers are right on top of them. As for these headsets that have multiple drivers in each cup for supposed real surround sound please for the love of god do not get them especially the Roccat Kave (no offence meant Twiix bby). Multiple drivers means smaller speakers of normally lower quality so they can keep the price reasonable. Also i go onto the point I mentioned before that you only have 2 bloody ears so it doesn't matter how many drivers they have in the cup it still wont produce any where near to decent surround sound, in fact the virtual counterparts would be better at achieving this.

I am not saying all virtual surround sound is bad though as depending on the headset you get and depending on how good the software has been made some of them can be actually quite good......For watching movies.

DO NOT use virtual surround sound for gaming.

Look at it this way, you have a game developer making an fps game (I say fps as this is mainly what people want 'surround sound' for) they have guys who's soul job is dedicated to producing the audio for the game. They spend months if not years doing this so you can hear where footsteps are and where the gunshots are coming from etc. And then you go and throw a 50 quid 7.1/5.1 gaming headset on there with sub par audio and software on it which further messes with the audio before it gets to your ears. Trust me if you are playing for example CSGO turn off your virtual or analog surround sound and enable headphone mode in game it may be strange at first if you have been used to playing with virtual surround sound but it is way way better.

Keep your surround sound for movies only and trust the game developers audio team. I am sure they have done a better job of producing virtual surround sound for there game than any gaming headset can.

i have them but not been using them since it make a very loud beeping sound outa nowhere and almost made me deaf

g933-artemis-spectrum.png

these are the ones i'm using instead as they are trusty and no beeps come outa it, will change back when i'm feeling ready.

61u5ArMgc1L._SL1000_.jpg