Sign in to follow this  
Guest Sniffles X Relic

COD4 remastered

Guest Sniffles X Relic

Got announced that the new call of duty ( infinity warfare) will come with a cod 4 remastered version anyone else going to buy it or just me 

I'm going to wait a month or so to see how good it is and then I might buy it. I used to play a lot of Cod4 promod so I'm def hyped for this, I just hope they don't fuck it up like they did with the most recent cod games.

I want to agree with vengeance. The new cod looks like utter fucking garbage. It looks like halo. IF and activision have completly gone off the rails with this one. Call of duty needs to fucking die or take a break imo. This one game a year is killing it, but they want money I guess. 

As vengence said they should not be releasing it as like this bonus add on if you got the "legacy edition" like how retarded is that. You have to buy a special edition of a game you don't even want, just to play a better game. They should have just released the remaster standalone at a cheaper retail price. Say 20-25 pounds. The sales would have been off the charts 

They need to bring back a world war 1 type game imo, I was a huge fan of medal of honour and band of brothers back in the day. Don't get me wrong I enjoyed cod until the unrealistic jet packs etc. But the main thing that's gets on my nerves is perks, small maps with fast running and faster shooting weapon perks is what ended it for me. Bring back world at war and cod 2 for me.

Cod stopped being good after black ops 2 in my opinion, but i MIGHT buy it just for cod 4, but i don't understand why they aren't separate games. Guess they know that old fans will buy it just for cod 4 and people that like the new cod game  will buy it for infinite warfare or wtf its called, good plan to get money from a larger group of people but it doesn't really make them look better, not that they have been have been liked in recent years.

Last best CoD was 4, although MW2 was enjoyable.
Blackops onwards weren't CoD. They were some money grabbing re-skins of MW2 full of gimmicks and bad voice acting.

Last best BF was Bad Company 2. Arguably, BF2 was just as good or even better.
Again, BF3 was enjoyable but from then on it's just more re-skins and gimmicks.

All they see is the money they make. Making the games for what they are has become a rare occurance.

A good example is this little number from DICE senior producer Patrick Bach, speaking to Xbox World 360 magazine back in 2010:

"We don't ever want to charge for our maps and insisted to EA that this attitude was crucial when it came to keeping our community happy and playing together,"

i don't really agree with anyone who says that cod 4 was the last good call of duty. Like, cod 4 was good for its time, like really good for its time, but games have changed and developed since then, if cod 4 would have come out today it wouldn't have done nearly so well. There has been some less good ones for sure (MW3 and ghosts) but the black ops series has always been good imo, even if I didn't like the first one that much they have always tried new things to make the series intresting. They aren't really "re-skins" or "gimmicks" as you call them. Some of the games have been similar granted but each has always been its own beast. 

Same me goes for BF, I honestly believe people who think BF2 was the best battlefield are looking at it with rose-tinted glasses, it's nostalgia getting in the way of your judgement. I used to think oblivion was far superior to skyrim in every way, when i finally decided to buy it again and try it out I found it wasn't nearly as good as I remembered :( 

" The full campaign from the 2007 game is included, and there is also multiplayer. However, the online multiplayer mode is limited to ten "fan-favorite" maps. The full list was not announced, but the confirmed maps so far are "Crash," "Backlot," and "Crossfire." " -http://www.gamespot.com/articles/call-of-duty-4-remaster-confirmed-detailed/1100-6439398/

kinda annoying that only 10 maps are being implemented.

i hope it will hit the nostalgia feels like the new ratchet and clank game achieved