Sign in to follow this  
Ekitai_Hebi

Suggestion for the forums

Hey guys.

Im just wondering if it would be possible to add more ways of donating towards the community?

Currently PayPal for me would be out of the question, and it might make it easier for other people to donate aswell.

uhm maybe pay by phone or sms? / credit card pay in skinz? something along those lines maybe

we have a little thing called Ideal aswell or you have Skrill

EDIT : Also my apologies for posting it in the wrong section at first, i derped

uhm maybe pay by phone or sms? / credit card pay in skinz? something along those lines maybe

we have a little thing called Ideal aswell or you have Skrill

EDIT : Also my apologies for posting it in the wrong section at first, i derped

Don't think Conor wants skins, it's been mentioned before and as somebody mentioned, skins aren't going to fund the server. The other ideas though, like pay by phone, seem fine as long as they aren't too hard to implement.

As something that has been brought up before I shall reiterate the general conclusion of the last thread.

Yes there could be more ways to donate, but these would all take quite a lot of time to implement, time that the current staff don't really have since they are very busy doing a lot of other stuff. New servers coming out soon and some new forums somewhere is what I imagine is taking up the bulk of their time.

So, the current system works for most people and as a result outbreak seems to be pretty financially stable atm, so while I'm sure you guys would love to show your support for the community by donating via some alternative method, the fact is I can't see someone taking the time to introduce an totally alternative system for the sake of a couple of donations.

Could be wrong though. I'm just making my educated guesses

As something that has been brought up before I shall reiterate the general conclusion of the last thread.

Yes there could be more ways to donate, but these would all take quite a lot of time to implement, time that the current staff don't really have since they are very busy doing a lot of other stuff. New servers coming out soon and some new forums somewhere is what I imagine is taking up the bulk of their time.

So, the current system works for most people and as a result outbreak seems to be pretty financially stable atm, so while I'm sure you guys would love to show your support for the community by donating via some alternative method, the fact is I can't see someone taking the time to introduce an totally alternative system for the sake of a couple of donations.

Could be wrong though. I'm just making my educated guesses

As ridiculous as it sounds I think it's a fair comparison, when I used to sell RuneScape gold maybe a year ago I had to deal with numerous different payment methods as the amount of people banned or unable to use PayPal was massive. This wasn't in small amounts either, maybe $1500-$2000 USD a month.

SKRILL,Western Union, Bitcoin, Direct bank transfer, Credit card payments and many other smaller ones are all incredibly easy to set up. I never dealt with credit card payments though as too much credit card fraud and fuck that. (This can be somewhat mitigated by asking customers to scan photo ID but still)

I was constantly looking into new safe payment methods as it really did increase the amount of money I made, you would be really surprised at the amount of business you gained from adding new ones.

Every single time I had a customer suggest payment method I looked it up straight away, looked at whether I could qualify for a business account, looked up customer service reviews, looked at the fraud potential and also looked at the companies history. I can honestly say that there were only very very few times did the disadvantages outweigh the advantages of adding the payment method.

My main point of this post isn't that OB will suddenly be flooded with money, just that it's ridiculous to state that the minimal effort required to set up new payment methods is such a big disadvantage that it does not make it worth while.

The real big fish is figuring out a way for people to donate with skins, getting a bot that accepts the skins and then manually posting them on OP skins for market price is one way I could think of doing it. Setting a threshold of maybe ten pounds minimum could stop people dumping garbage skins and cases in. If I had access to something like this then I would have grabbed it with both hands and done anything I could to make it work.

Figure that out, watch the cash roll in. Don't be scared of innovation, embrace it.

That's some nice insight rory thanks for that,

of course Fluxy i understand people at the moment are rather busy with the forums / events, etc etc.

however it might be worth looking into in the future as ive found myself unable to use paypal, and im sure there's a bunch more people who are in the same boat