Sign in to follow this  
Strazz

Jailbreak | Map & Secrets Activities

The secrets are optional but let's face it if you're a new player of course you're going to watch the secrets part lol

"Hmm I'm a new player who doesn't know much about this map and there's secrets???? I could learn this within 5 minutes of being on the server but why wait"

It's a shortcut, but it's no fun

Learning secrets is the fun part on jailbreak.

Watching how other people think the secrets work is the fun part of being a mapper.

These videos take away this fun and are thoroughly disappointing.

I believe that it helps players to inform what is possible in the map. If playing, and especially if you are new, this can be time saving, because (even as a new player) you can't just run around in every map, and discover everything, that takes a lot of time. Unless there is nobody online ofcourse.

I'm kinda late to the party but anyway thanks for this, it will help out the new players for sure. Other people have a point in regards to showing the secrets since it's way better when you find them yourself but I like the tutorials for the games, if there's something that irritates me is when I want to do a fun round and let the Ts play a bunch of games but they all just die to the first one.

Btw nice cod4 edits, I made some aswell but they were on promod PC and mostly just tests, my pc broke before I could do something serious.

viewtopic.php?f=45&t=7087

Lets learn by playing. It's much more engaging and fun for the players, the community and the server.

I agree with smokey actually, and it's still an option to do so and I would love to help the ones out who do want this.

You guys have an impatient mindset which I understand but really dislike. You're the guys that want to be maxed out in a game as soon as you buy it instead of making that journey to max yourself. I understand because everyone's eventual goal is to max out however I'd much rather have the journey and I dislike knowing people can skip out on that.

I won't speak anymore of this particular matter, any other comments will be about games and secrets.

You guys have an impatient mindset which I understand but really dislike. You're the guys that want to be maxed out in a game as soon as you buy it instead of making that journey to max yourself. I understand because everyone's eventual goal is to max out however I'd much rather have the journey and I dislike knowing people can skip out on that.

I won't speak anymore of this particular matter, any other comments will be about games and secrets.

Awkward.gif

Done, made, or conducted without the knowledge of others.

That is what a secret on a map is.

The fun part is finding it, watching other people rebel and then find the secrets that way or just randomly finding one by pressing buttons, walking in areas.

I've never watched a video of where secrets are and I pretty much know every secret of every map. Hence why I always want new maps to be played.

If every person on a server knows a secret, that secret becomes useless.

Having a guy upload secrets to youtube, sure why not. But posting it in a forum to "help new players" is a ..well shitty idea.

Sure "you can skip the secret part" but if you allready clicked the video and then skipping the secret parts you'd be better of buying a lottery ticket and leave it with that logic.

Rethink the idea, show the map, show how to do games and such.

KEEP SECRETS SECRET