Sign in to follow this  
Strazz

Jailbreak | Map & Secrets Activities

Its cool you're doing the activities and showing people how to do them,but I would not agree with showing the secrets because in the first few months when you join its really fun trying to find out secrets and how to do them.Secrets are secrets for a reason :D you're not supposed to tell people them,the fun is finding out how.

Its cool you're doing the activities and showing people how to do them,but I would not agree with showing the secrets because in the first few months when you join its really fun trying to find out secrets and how to do them.Secrets are secrets for a reason :D you're not supposed to tell people them,the fun is finding out how.

Actually people have noticed me that they want to see the secrets being done, and of course you're not obligated to watch em ;)

Just to help you guys out!

I remember when we first put Clouds into the rotation and nobody except a select few knew the secrets

those were quieter times

I remember when we first put Clouds into the rotation and nobody except a select few knew the secrets

those were quieter times

That's of course cool, but especially with older maps showing the secrets wouldn't hurt.

This is actually really cool and I've been looking into this kind of thing for a while, but not seen anything. Your thumbnails look really professional, and your videos are really well done, with the music. Two personal preferences would be to group your videos by map, or at least have one 'JB_Peanut Secrets' and have one 'JB_Peanut Game tutorials' video, because it can be difficult to browse through large amounts of videos. I'd also like to see annotations in your videos for tips and help, because although many of these things look easy, you might need some tips in some activities, that can't be explained in visual form.

This is actually really cool and I've been looking into this kind of thing for a while, but not seen anything. Your thumbnails look really professional, and your videos are really well done, with the music. Two personal preferences would be to group your videos by map, or at least have one 'JB_Peanut Secrets' and have one 'JB_Peanut Game tutorials' video, because it can be difficult to browse through large amounts of videos. I'd also like to see annotations in your videos for tips and help, because although many of these things look easy, you might need some tips in some activities, that can't be explained in visual form.

I am currently adding all the videos to a public playlist on the youtube channel. And I will for example remake peanut soon with all the activities and group that into one video indeed.

Thanks for your post and I will add annotations for the things I could find difficult, just contact me if something yet has to be added. Preferably on steam: steamcommunity.com/id/yStrazz/

As a jailbreak player and a map maker I'm not particularly keen on having videos that outline all the secrets in a map. Secrets are meant to be quiet features in a map that players discover and will love using because no one else knows about. If you show off all the secrets then the core jailbreak experience becomes broken because everyone is running for the secret and those secrets become less fun and unique.

I am also questioning your definition of a secret from your video, for example I wouldn't say a vent cell is a secret because it is in plain sight however the nether teleports are somewhat secretive despite the fact they're common knowledge.

As a jailbreak player and a map maker I'm not particularly keen on having videos that outline all the secrets in a map. Secrets are meant to be quiet features in a map that players discover and will love using because no one else knows about.
I 100% Agree.

As a jailbreak player and a map maker I'm not particularly keen on having videos that outline all the secrets in a map. Secrets are meant to be quiet features in a map that players discover and will love using because no one else knows about. If you show off all the secrets then the core jailbreak experience becomes broken because everyone is running for the secret and those secrets become less fun and unique.

I am also questioning your definition of a secret from your video, for example I wouldn't say a vent cell is a secret because it is in plain sight however the nether teleports are somewhat secretive despite the fact they're common knowledge.

Secrets of pretty much maps are already known for quite some time, so I want to give new players who are interesting in knowing the secrets a chance to do so with video material.

I have also added vents to the secrets to show what the vents exactly do.

Secrets of pretty much maps are already known for quite some time, so I want to give new players who are interesting in knowing the secrets a chance to do so with video material.

Isn't the fun of being a new player though learning the maps?

Seeing people teleport away or go through a hidden wall, you being confused and eventually trying it out for yourself, adding another arsenal to your ability to rebel.

If everyone already knows the secrets, new players will see them used in not much time.

Isn't the fun of being a new player though learning the maps?

Seeing people teleport away or go through a hidden wall, you being confused and eventually trying it out for yourself, adding another arsenal to your ability to rebel.

If everyone already knows the secrets, new players will see them used in not much time.

Yet, it's optional to watch the secret part and that's also why it's in a separate video. Also the secrets might be useful for older players who forgot a secret and would like to know again.