Sign in to follow this  
Biggles

New Years Resolutions?

Personally I'll be playing in 1920 x 1080

But seriously, have you got any you intend to keep?

A few things I'd like to do with my year

- Pass my full motorbike test

- Go on a tour somewhere

- Continue this whole year without smoking (except when drinking ofc lolswag)

- Commit more when I make plans

- Spend more time with my friends whilst they're not working or in uni, people are starting to move away already :cry1:

- I'm gunna unmute everyone from TS and give them a second chance

- Stop troll mixing

- Call Twist, Jamie because he bought me a £50 secret santa game

- Try actually do something with my youtube channel

AND YOU?

I was never really one for New Years Resolutions, I would never do them, so I made an on-going list of things that would be cool to be able to do. Some of the things on it at the moment:

• Learn a new programming language a month, thoroughly enough to pass the fluency test
  • Be able to jog for a mile non-stop
  • Do a maths paper a week

Shit boggles pretty drastic ones there. Jamie will always be twist for me :(

For me a few things, although I'm in the same boat as popey in that I don't really do New Years resolutions but

1. Stop smoking so much weed, if I can get to a point where I can I sit in my flat with nothing to do and not want to get stoned at least 2 or 3 times a week I'll be happy.

2. Get more involved with uni, in very laid back in my approach to everything university related and now I'm in 3rd doing the bare minimum just won't cut it anymore.

3. Find a new job or quit my old one. I really don't enjoy being a bookseller as much as I used to and having done it for almost 3 years now I really want a change of scene, I'm bored of giving up my weekends and would like to do something a bit different. Maybe evening work in a bar.

4. Play more games, by this I mean spend less time grinding out hours on CS and experience some more games, ones that I'm not used to, ones I don't think I will like. Really mix it up.

5. Rank up to global eli...oh wait :glad2:

I was never really one for New Years Resolutions, I would never do them, so I made an on-going list of things that would be cool to be able to do. Some of the things on it at the moment:

• Learn a new programming language a month, thoroughly enough to pass the fluency test
  • Be able to jog for a mile non-stop
  • Do a maths paper a week

Only a mile? lolwhat

That's like a 15 min walk bro, shoot higher than that, at least 5k

Can accomplish that in 9 weeks.

http://www.nhs.uk/Livewell/c25k/Pages/couch-to-5k.aspx

Mine isn't a new years resolution as such, but to get back to the gym as soon as my shoulder is fucking taken care of.

I've missed it, just been doing cardio.

Some travelling, pick up an apprenticeship, but these are things I'm already working on.

Same as the people above, I don't really like having a set time to try and change, but instead just like to set myself goals to try and achieve. This year I'll try and learn more than the dead basics of Java, while also trying to improve the grades I achieve in the subjects I don't like.

Ty for the thread, made me actually recap the year and think about the year ahead.

* Quit Smoking, yesterday I was home alone and mid-way through smoking I was like "wtf am I doing" and threw away the pack and my lighter, hopefully I will never touch one again.

* Focus more on Uni, I have been barely revising and doing my assignments last minute. I want to spend more time on uni work and never leave an assignment to be submitted a few seconds before deadline. Also try and not miss less lectures because it's a pain catching up with all the work before a test.

* Stop eating junk food and be more healthy, I want to improve my diet so that my hard work from working out is not flushed down the toilet.

* Stop thinking about all the fuckups from this year and think about how I can make myself even better for next year.

* Pass my driving theory/practical tests by the end of next year.

* Practice programming at home outside Uni hours.

Hope I can come back to this thread at the end of next year and say, "yup, I have done all of these".

hmm, I've never done this but I think I do need some kind of objectives for next year haha.

• Get laid more frequently (been without it for 6 months, kill me)
  • Not get addicted to the shit I'm taking on new year's eve (I'm actually a bit scared of that)
  • Study more and pass all my uni subjects
  • Start going to the gym again, I need some more muscles, damn.

hmm, I've never done this but I think I do need some kind of objectives for next year haha.

• Not get addicted to the shit I'm taking on new year's eve (I'm actually a bit scared of that)

WHAT DRUGS ARE U TAKING

WHAT DRUGS ARE U TAKING

crystal hahah, and I've never taken it before. Also, it's not crystal meth, what we call crystal in spanish is mdma in that form.

1. Stop smoking so much weed, if I can get to a point where I can I sit in my flat with nothing to do and not want to get stoned at least 2 or 3 times a week I'll be happy.

I want a max of 1 or 2 times a week, I am going to do this with a friend.

2. Getting my drivers license.

3. Do more for school

4. Get a job.

5. be happy :D