Sign in to follow this  
Quinn

Chris Unban Request

Player Name (at time of banning): Chris

Ban/Mute/CT-Ban Reason Given: Seen the picture, nice shot. Cya in a week.

Server Banned From: Teamspeak 3

Why you believe your ban was unfair/disproportionate: Inconsistency. I didn't actually break any rules, to the same extent neither did Mitch.

Do you have any evidence to support your claim?: All over the forums.

Date of incident: 02/09/2015

As I'd like to see members of OB beeing able to take some jokes thrown at them over mic. If you work on this and can be calm/take a joke or two I will give you my +1.

A line taken from McLovin's +1 to Paradox's member application. Unfortunately this post has since been deleted, something that McLovin seems to do a lot of, and aside from the spelling mistake it is quite an agreeable sentiment. OB Members should be able to take jokes.

http://outbreak-community.com/search.php?st=0&sk=t&sd=d&sr=posts&author_id=54&start=10

http://outbreak-community.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=6141

The batshop was simply a joke, nothing more. In no way was it malevolent, not even in the slightest. To receive a 7 day ban for posting it? That's insanity. OB has had a long history with photo edits, cramming peoples faces onto many different things. In the same very thread the edits rage on, which are arguably worse, and actually malevolent. Are bans being thrown out? No, of course not, they're just jokes. Apparently these jokes change when aimed at McLovin, warranting bans. Being banned informally, with snide remarks being made towards the punished (thanks Eskimo, I'm sure Mitch enjoyed your taunting) is just not on, it's not good for a community and it's certainly not a good way to represent a community either.

The reality of it is that I've broken no rule, neither has Mitch and we're suffering for it because either McLovin wants to feel cool or we've actually hurt his feelings, and judging by his nonchalant ban reasons, we haven't hurt his feelings.

Why is an admin that unapologetically admitted to using DONATION MONEY to GAMBLE on Guild Wars 2 allowed to throw out jokebans on Teamspeak?

The rules apply to everyone equally and should be enforced equally.

Speaking of his haircut, is it me or does it look like pubic hair?

Like when you have not been keeping it short and like well nice I guess.

Speaking of which, is it me or does he look stoned or somehting on that pic or he just pissed in his pants.

I can imagine that smile on his face the moment he would have gotten admin.

(McLovin on Mintlou's hair)

What makes that less deserving of a ban than this?

6d49b8fbe10cce7c6256bf2329be64ba.png

All I see is hypocrisy.

Calling it that this will be ignored because the arguments are actually sound.

I was there throughout and this was absolutely SHOCKING admining - and by someone who has the power but none of the accountability of an admin. gg nice combination

I'm not allowed to post here and I know that but I would really like to add something to this

The batshop was simply a joke, nothing more. In no way was it malevolent, not even in the slightest. To receive a 7 day ban for posting it? That's insanity. OB has had a long history with photo edits, cramming peoples faces onto many different things.

It's not because a lot of people are ok with it that it is in fact ok. It is up to the user in person to agree to their personal information to be released like that.

If thunder, and he has the pictures, or anyone in general posts my pictures on this forum I would take offence to it and complain, if mclovin takes offence to it who are you to say he shouldnt?

My appologies but I had to say this.

I'm not allowed to post here and I know that but I would really like to add something to this
The batshop was simply a joke, nothing more. In no way was it malevolent, not even in the slightest. To receive a 7 day ban for posting it? That's insanity. OB has had a long history with photo edits, cramming peoples faces onto many different things.

It's not because a lot of people are ok with it that it is in fact ok. It is up to the user in person to agree to their personal information to be released like that.

If thunder, and he has the pictures, or anyone in general posts my pictures on this forum I would take offence to it and complain, if mclovin takes offence to it who are you to say he shouldnt?

Public facebook pictures are free reign friend.

You also clearly seem to miss my main point here, inconsistency.

Public facebook pictures are free reign friend.

They are free reign, I'm not saying they aren't.

But that has nothing to do with the fact that you should or should not post them?

I can still take offence to it.

It's like on the server, you arent allowed to say the N word because some people take offence to it. The majority doesnt but a small minority does.

Ofcourse you are allowed ( in the real world ) to use it because freedom of speech. Doesn't mean you should.

They are free reign, I'm not saying they aren't.

But that has nothing to do with the fact that you should or should not post them?

I can still take offence to it.

It's like on the server, you arent allowed to say the N word because some people take offence to it. The majority doesnt but a small minority does.

Ofcourse you are allowed ( in the real world ) to use it because freedom of speech. Doesn't mean you should.

So some are allowed to use racial slurs and others arent'? Is that what you're suggesting? Please don't use false equivalences.

Although I agree with some of your points Paradox, if McLovin was offended by the action then he could have simply asked to have it removed and asked for Chris not to do it again in a much more mature fashion. The joke, and it was just a stupid joke which wasn't malicious at all, might have been silly but it definitely wasn't worthy of the 7 day ban he received for it.

Unless you were directly involved and can actually comment on the situation in hand, please refrain from posting on unban requests xo

Keep the topic, on topic.

Fundamentally, what I find most shocking, Is that Landshark's ban is now drawing to, if not, reached its end.

I know his post was an Admin complaint - but I would have hoped the ban would have at least been addressed. He posted his thread nearly twelve hours ago - in that time fifteen out of sixteen members of the Moderator+ team (with the exception of simi #juandeag) have viewed it and not one has commented on the matter. (Officially at least)

If you're calling an admin meeting to deal with that, then accept my deepest apologies, if not - "We take these very seriously" :?

Edit - before anyone starts hating on me, I'm not taking sides - I just find it really annoying that legitimate unban requests and admin complaints never seem to be contemplated by the mod team - at least from what we can see in haste.

I shouldn't post, and this will probably get deleted as I have nothing to do with it, but as an outsider, it appears that the OG group are turning into Bennevis and co.

I shouldn't post, and this will probably get deleted as I have nothing to do with it, but as an outsider, it appears that the OG group are turning into Bennevis and co.

Bennevis was banned for poaching members to another community - I.e trying to take his friends from outbreak over to a new server.

"and co." were ddosers.

Can't see the resemblance, but opinion is opinion I guess.

Bennevis and co started another community out of spite and for a pointless reason, went on to poach members, joined back to the OB server to slander it's name. Im 110% sure that isn't and won't happen here.

Fundamentally, what I find most shocking, Is that Landshark's ban is now drawing to, if not, reached its end.

I know his post was an Admin complaint - but I would have hoped the ban would have at least been addressed. He posted his thread nearly twelve hours ago - in that time fifteen out of sixteen members of the Moderator+ team (with the exception of simi #juandeag) have viewed it and not one has commented on the matter. (Officially at least)

If you're calling an admin meeting to deal with that, then accept my deepest apologies, if not - "We take these very seriously" :?

Edit - before anyone starts hating on me, I'm not taking sides - I just find it really annoying that legitimate unban requests and admin complaints never seem to be contemplated by the mod team - at least from what we can see in haste.

I think the reason most mods (atleast me) don't really know what we should be commenting on this. I'm not gonna post on something I can't give a decent opinion about. The only thing I'm gonna say this all seems more to me than just what happend now. with the long history you guys have, there are probably more things that happened between you guys and that influences this situation. I'm staying out of this.