Sign in to follow this  
SonyTwan

Surfing - "how do stage 1"

The Simpsons map drives me crazy, there's like 60 versions of it

I've posted 40s times on the version with 4 skips, 55s on two skips and like 1:10 on no skips... Every server has a different version

I like the idea of a surfing event but the skill gap would make things way too one sided

Even with easy maps, knowing the fine details on how to use ramps and ramp skips makes a huge difference

Maybe we could do something like "Surf Sundays" which we could get a ground of people much like a gather and just meet up and we could vote on a map we would all like to play for a short amount time before switching to a new map. I just think it would add a bit of verity to the community. just a suggestion! :yay:

no matter how many tutorials or tips i get im still shit at surf :(

Practice Makes perfect! Start on an easy map, try to be able to strafe before you start, thats a big help. Most of it is getting used to swapping between A and D. If you start on Surf_Beginner you should come alone pretty well, on this map it teaches you to keep your speed on the jumps to be able to finish the stages.

I need to do a deep study on these videos so I can actually have a chance to complete the surf games, I used to be good on 1.6 but I'm terrible now I only know the basics I've lost the mechanics somehow :sad1: