Sign in to follow this  
SonyTwan

Surfing - "how do stage 1"

I figure since OB has a couple keen surfers including myself I'd make a thread.

A place to discuss learning surfing, configs, favourite/hated maps, server ranks, etc.

Been surfing since I was about 14? Started on CSS with the classic deathmatch maps like 10x_final, japan, legends.

Dipped my toe into advanced surfing but not by much, until I started playing advanced surf on TF2 of all places.

Currently rank 350 on surf heaven.

Favourite maps include the forbidden tomb series and:

My weakest point is probably tunnels where you have to spin for fucking days, sens probably isn't high enough but I don't have the greatest mousepad (small and with wrist support, so can't use arm much).

Surf Heaven servers

178.32.188.96:27015 - Server 1 (Easy)

178.32.188.97:27015 - Server 2 (Easy)

178.32.188.98:27015 - Server 3 (Easy/Medium)

178.32.188.99:27015 - Server 4 (Hard)

Surf_christmas is pretty good, I only ever play it in december though

I love maps that are reasonably easy but are hugely min/maxable...

rebel_resistance, utopia etc

I'm not a big fan of min/maxing maps, so much of a grind.

I just like playing new maps every time and completing them.

Which I suppose will be harder as time goes on.

I used to surf in 1.6 and I loved it, that was the main reason I bought CS:GO in the first place. Although I'm not nearly as good or experienced as you guys I still can surf "pretty" well (I have never completed a top tier map). Favorite map of course being surf_ski_2 since it was the main map I played in 1.6 and I got some many fond memories from it.

I've always liked surfing however I've never really been into skillsurf and the CSGO community don't seem to do any other surfing quite the same.

Either way I've recently played some fruits and managed to get to jackfruit, something I was never able to do in the past so I feel quite good :)

sickest run

That is the most impressive video of surfing I have ever seen, I really like the idea of this thread, to allow people to share a common interest. Personally ive only benn surfing since the end of last year but I always enjoy doing it and after reading some of these comments I really think I fhould surf a lot more then I usually do and I will also have a lot more maps to try out now after your recommendations. I honestly love surfing my favourite map that I have played so far is the Simpsons surf map just because of the atmosphere surrounding you as you casually surf and because of how easy it is :silly1: I hope that I share similarities with people in this thread and I hope that we should do some sort of surfing event on the JB server because I think that will bring out the competitive side in some people and it would be a lot of fun also. Enjoy you're surfing everyone! :yay: