Sign in to follow this  
Wist

Windows 10

I installed Windows 10 yesterday, but for some reason it can't find my wireless network adapter built inside of my pc.

Drake hook up your laptop to an ethernet cable (temporarily) then navigate to device manager look for your wireless adapter, and click update drivers or something like that, and it will automatically scan the internet for drivers that match your adapter, and install them.. Worked for a laptop i was working on a couple of days ago. GL

Drake hook up your laptop to an ethernet cable (temporarily).

Do I even need the ethernet cable by doing this, like is there an internet connection required?

Drake hook up your laptop to an ethernet cable (temporarily).

Do I even need the ethernet cable by doing this, like is there an internet connection required?

You will require an internet connection in order to update drivers. Drivers are what control most apparel that your computer has, your mouse, graphics card, wireless card will all have drivers that are required to work.

It's likely that your current driver is out of date for Windows 10, thus it needs updating. An ethernet connection does not (usually) require a driver, and so you can use this to temporarily gain internet while you update your drivers.

Ethernet always needs drivers, usually it is on a CD bundled with the motherboard.

Ah, yeah, I guess that that would make sense. For me, all my key drivers were pre-installed on the motherboard.

Im more confused on why drake has no drivers considering that he upgraded to windows 10, When I upgraded I had all of my drivers installed already considering it was a full wipe..

I recon he already had drivers, they just stopped working on the update.

Ethernet always needs drivers, usually it is on a CD bundled with the motherboard.

Ah, yeah, I guess that that would make sense. For me, all my key drivers were pre-installed on the motherboard.

Im more confused on why drake has no drivers considering that he upgraded to windows 10, When I upgraded I had all of my drivers installed already considering it was a full wipe..

I recon he already had drivers, they just stopped working on the update.

Okay, who the hell are you?

edit: having logged your IP I know who you are, but why the hell make this account?

edit: having logged your IP I know who you are, but why the hell make this account?

I needed to test a program I made, and I had to have another account to do it. I also had some songs I wanted to post, but don't like posting on that thread under my main account. Back on topic, my Windows 10 just started BSOD'ing everytime it starts up. I feel slightly upset about the BSOD, but you just can't be angry at the image that appears.

BSoD_in_Windows_8.png

Also, for those of you with multiple drives:

by the way, if you want to upgrade, it will refuse to upgrade unless the default program installation directory is on the same drive as the OS. change it back after the upgrade.

I needed to test a program I made, and I had to have another account to do it. I also had some songs I wanted to post, but don't like posting on that thread under my main account. Back on topic, my Windows 10 just started BSOD'ing everytime it starts up. I feel slightly upset about the BSOD, but you just can't be angry at the image that appears.

BSoD_in_Windows_8.png

Also, for those of you with multiple drives:

by the way, if you want to upgrade, it will refuse to upgrade unless the default program installation directory is on the same drive as the OS. change it back after the upgrade.

Weird how people are running into problems with wind10.. I havent experienced anything at all... except for microsoft edge being wierd af

I just upgraded to it yesterday and it's freaking awesome! So much faster and cleaner looking than Windows 7. I just smile to myself every time I alt tab out of the game because of how fast it is and just oohhhh :grin1:

EDIT: Windows 10 has much better multi-screen support.

Interested to know more about this and why.

I have Win 8, tbh I am really used to and comfortable with Win 8 [upgraded straight rom XP], it's fast, efficient and just feels really up-to-date, Win 10 will have to be something really special for me to upgrade.

How fast is Windows 10 compared to Windows 8? Any win 8 users using win 10 now, what are the biggest differences?

EDIT: Windows 10 has much better multi-screen support.

Interested to know more about this and why.

I have Win 8, tbh I am really used to and comfortable with Win 8 [upgraded straight rom XP], it's fast, efficient and just feels really up-to-date, Win 10 will have to be something really special for me to upgrade.

How fast is Windows 10 compared to Windows 8? Any win 8 users using win 10 now, what are the biggest differences?

Well:

• Snapping works properly with multiple screens (you're able to snap on any edge of the screens).
  • Alt + Tabbing has been changed to be much nicer.
  • Windows + Tab has had some significant improvements in resource use.
  • Games crash less when tabbing out (might just be me).

As to the speed, in my opinion, it's noticeably faster. It also improves your workflow quite a bit, requiring less clicks to open things.

Well i just got Windows 10 today and it is aight. Not that much of a difference from WIndows 8.1 tho, except for the new features which stand out such as the start menu bar, icons and general appearance and the new browser Microsoft Edge - it's pretty good, better than iexplorer for once BUT Google Chrome is still slightly better and faster than Microsoft Edge from my experience. I don't think anyone can beat the Monster google has created, #ForeverGoogleChrome.

Windows 10 is definitely hands down worth upgrading if you are a xp/vista/7 user, for windows 8 users I would say it's worth it too just not sure how much better it is than win 10 yet.

Well i just got Windows 10 today and it is aight. Not that much of a difference from WIndows 8.1 tho, except for the new features which stand out such as the start menu bar, icons and general appearance and the new browser Microsoft Edge - it's pretty good, better than iexplorer for once BUT Google Chrome is still slightly better and faster than Microsoft Edge from my experience. I don't think anyone can beat the Monster google has created, #ForeverGoogleChrome.

Windows 10 is definitely hands down worth upgrading if you are a xp/vista/7 user, for windows 8 users I would say it's worth it too just not sure how much better it is than win 10 yet.

If I'm honest, I think Edge is far faster than Chrome is. It certainly is in most of the benchmarks that I have tried it in (Jetstream, Octane, worse in PeaceKeeper). However, I am most certainly keeping Chrome for its beautiful extensions. Something that Edge is currently missing.

I have to admit, I'm deleting Windows 10 from my desktop, but keeping it on my laptop. I find it far more frustrating to setup my dev environments in it and the benefits aren't worth it. I've also noticed that it's forcing some updates on my computer, whether I want them or not. I've even gone far enough to try to do some registry stuff to stop it doing it, because it's ruining my internet in the middle of games, but to no avail.